No announcement yet.

Dismantling question 2 - new bulkhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismantling question 2 - new bulkhead?

Has anyone attempted to make a new bulkhead? Mine is full of badly made holes in the wrong places and has started to crack around the pedal box. Replacement would be infinitely better to repair...
    Cheers Robin

Re: Dismantling question 2 - new bulkhead?

Cracking around the pedal box on Roadsters was a recognised problem and was solved by the fitting of a re-enforcing bracket. If you were to make a replacement bulkhead I would be inclined to use galvanised steel rather than aluminium alloy or stainless, both of which are prone to stress cracking.

Comment

Robin, I'd go with Geoff's suggestion above, a bit stronger, and you can also look in Tech Tips for details of
      the triangular reinforcement plate that Marlin produced, locking the bulkhead to the bonnet side.

Look at the build diary for Q67, to solve this problem I added a new layer onto the bulkhead and made up
      my own support for the pedal box area...pics Feb 2016 and April 2017

Rgds DC
      Last edited by dcunn; 18-12-20, 07:56 PM.

Comment

17. Brake Servo on New Mounting Frame.jpg13. Brake Servo New Mounting Frame.jpg

Hi Guys I made this to support my bulkhead and pedal assembly on my Roadster. 1" X !" MS Angle. Its installed inside the alloy bulkhead.

Comment

That should do the job! Liz

Comment

As Mick used to work on submarines he'll no doubt pressure test the Roadster once finished!

Comment

Working...
            X