Walford Trunions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walford Trunions

I have just dismantled my uprights. The threads on the lower end, where it fits in the trunion, are serviceable but certainly past their best.
    As I understand it, the standard fix was a pair if Walford Trunions. But I guess these are no longer available? Does anyone have a pair knocking around by any chance, or know someone that does.
    Cheers Robin

Re: Walford Trunions

Had a pair but now gone I'm afraid. No-one on here wanted them so ebay it was.

Comment

Now one of those most sought after items.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Had a NOS suspension leg still in original wrapping, no-one here wanted that either. The trunnions I probably let go for less than I should have but that's life.
        The purchaser of the trunnions turned out to be a trader and went under the banner of 'marinamadness' on ebay. He may still have them if he can be traced .

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
          Had a NOS suspension leg still in original wrapping, no-one here wanted that either. The trunnions I probably let go for less than I should have but that's life.
          The purchaser of the trunnions turned out to be a trader and went under the banner of 'marinamadness' on ebay. He may still have them if he can be traced .
          Try South Wales Propshaft.
          they list them but I have a feeling that they might have sold all their stock. They might tell you where.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            Try South Wales Propshaft.
            they list them but I have a feeling that they might have sold all their stock. They might tell you where.
            Thanks - good find.

I have emailed them. As you say, still listed on their website, but the last time it was updated was 2013! - Still worth a try. I'll report back when I hear something.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
              Thanks - good find.

I have emailed them. As you say, still listed on their website, but the last time it was updated was 2013! - Still worth a try. I'll report back when I hear something.

Cheers, Robin
              I had a quick reply. They have some in stock - but only the left had one - so not a lot of use. Being the front suspension I wouldn't fancy not fitting them in pairs.
              So.... The search continues.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

maybe good

Comment

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
                  Nice try, that’s an original though. The Walford trunnions are different as they recut the damaged thread on the upright.
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I had a quick reply. They have some in stock - but only the left had one - so not a lot of use. Being the front suspension I wouldn't fancy not fitting them in pairs.

Cheers, Robin
                    I think they sold off a lot of slow moving stock in 2013 or thereabouts. I did put in an offer for some parts but was unsuccessful, maybe because I was being selective, and not wanting a large quantity across the board.
                    MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Cheers, Robin
                      I would agree, changing them in pairs (anything to do with brakes, tyres and suspension) is always preferable.

I would have thought that the left hand or nearside trunnion would show greater wear and tear.
                      It is subject to water from the gutter and additional vibration etc from drain covers and potholes.

If it’s the last resort to keeping a car on the road.... a dry fit with a new trunnion will give you a clue as to the level of wear.

But nothing beats regular and effective maintenance
                      MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Found this if its any help

Adrian

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Thats one of the later design ones with longer thread engagement.
                          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I have tracked down some Walford Trunions.
                            It seems the Marina Owners club purchased the entire stock when the manufacturer ceased trading.
                            They cost £98 per pair, if you are a member, or £138 per pair if you are not.
                            Quite expensive but cheaper than two new uprights (assuming you can find a pair).

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Well done that man.

Information that can be used by all.

Happy New Year to you.

Adrian

I have tracked down some Walford Trunions.
                              It seems the Marina Owners club purchased the entire stock when the manufacturer ceased trading.
                              They cost £98 per pair, if you are a member, or £138 per pair if you are not.
                              Quite expensive but cheaper than two new uprights (assuming you can find a pair).

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Working...
                              X