LWB Roadster wind deflectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWB Roadster wind deflectors

After 30 years of having a painful red right eye I have finally got around to consider fitting wind deflectors. I've read a lot of previous posts inc those within the Tech Tips section.
    I have a pair of cobra toughened glass ones on order from Europa.
    My question is does anyone have thoughts on how to fit these with the style of "wrap around" side screens I have where the popper fixings are on the front of the screen uprights?
    I could hopefully drill and mount the hinges on the rear edge of the screen surround if the design will allow (rather than on the side), otherwise I am committed to cutting in to the windscreen material which would be a shame.
    Thanks,
    Matthew

P.S The image in "preview" looks huge - apologies as this is my first post!
    Attached Files

Re: LWB Roadster wind deflectors

Matthew, I see no reason why you shouldn't mount the deflectors on the rear edge of the screen frame but you would need to be able to fold them in flat in order to fit the side screens. I know what the Cobra deflectors look like but I'm not sure the fittings would allow this but you could possibly make up new ones that do.

Comment

My 'Elephant ears' usually fitted have 2 brackets screwed to 2 threaded holes on the front edge of the screen. Be careful drilling the holes! Then the side screens are cut to clear and stitched around, like your mirror. there are numerous forum articles if you enter sidescreens.

Comment

Thanks for your helpful thoughts. Yes, that is what it may have to be . Perhaps I've been a bit premature in asking the question before receiving the deflectors, but I couldn't see anyone had commented on the specific issue before. I will report back with progress!
        It would be a shame to have to cut into the side screens which will only increase the chance of rain ingress, but then when do I really go out in driving rain anyway - apart from when I was on the M275 once in a downpour being tailgated by an artic on its way to the ferry port. Never again!

Comment

Hi Dave,

Could you post a photo, or send me one as a PM, of what you have done - thanks.

Matthew

Comment

+1 to what GG said, best to attach to rear of screen upright so that you can fold them in and still use the sidescreens.

Comment

The brackets on mine are flat brass bent to an appropriate angle and screwed to the front of the windscreen frame with a gap to allow the side screen to slide under. Cutouts allow the buttons through. Somewhere on the forum, I have seen a drawing of 'Elephant ears but can't find it now. I have no knowledge of Cobra bits.

Comment

Photos on their way.

Comment

Working...
                X