Locking wheel nut tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking wheel nut tool

I have a set of the original Marlin supplied wheels on my Roadster. 100+ I think they are called?
    Unfortunately I don't have the locking wheel nut tool. Can anyone help please?

Cheers, Robin

Re: Locking wheel nut tool

Hi Robin

1) Are you able / have you tried contacting the previous owner , in case they still have it and can put it in the post?

2) I am unfamiliar with "100+", my roadster has a set from a classic mini I believe, which may assist you in finding replacements after you get the current locking wheel nuts off.

3) There are a variety of types , have a look at this link in case you find something suitable.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...+tool&_sacat=0

4) Have you tried phoning a few of your local tyre shops as they may have the tool to remove them for you?#
    Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 06-01-21, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I bought a set of wheel nut removers from Screwfix when my daughter lost the wheel nut key for her car. Screwfix don't seem to list them anymore but try these https://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.c...39_P30163.html or search Amazon for wheel nut remover.
      The remover slips over the nut and has reverse grooves so it grips as you try to undo it.
      Alternatively if you have a friendly local garage they might lend you one for the price of a beer.

Comment

Where they not Cosmic Ribsters?

I know they were for the MK2 Marina based roadster.

Adrian

Comment

Somewhere in my garage I have a socket which is designed to fit a range of bolt head sizes. It works by having a matrix of spring loaded pins. When you push it over a nut or bolt head it pushes some of the pins out of the way and leaves the others wrapped around the head. I see no reason why it shouldn't work on a locking wheel nut. It was bought for me as a Christmas present a couple of years ago and I haven't really tried it in anger. If I can find it I'll post a photo.

Comment

The wheels are Octavo 100+. I found the key for the locking nuts. It's a funny magnetic thing. Yet to find out how it works though....
            Cheers Robin

Comment

Photo below of 'variable size' socket mentioned above. It works up to 19mm (3/4") A/F apparently.
              Attached Files

Comment

...and this what the wheels look like
                Attached Files

Comment

That's the ones. I managed to get the locking nuts off today. It's a very clever design but rather fiddly. Wouldn't want to change a wheel in the middle of the night when pouring with rain 😬
                  Cheers Robin

Comment

Back in the old stone age alloys wheels were rare and expensive and locking wheel nuts were mandatory

Today in the 21st Century almost every car has Alloy rims - so locking wheel nuts are unnecessary

Comment

Working...
                    X