Roadster overheating again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster overheating again.

Beyond the limits of the scrapyard, the motor factors and Ebay, has anybody got an old fan blade from an O series engine.
    Preferably the fixed type, not bothered about the viscous drive part.
    My front mounted electric fan seems to bounce the air back rather than sucking through when stationary.
    The combination of a 2 litre engine, a small Viva radiator and using low octane fuel plus a hot summer equals a bit of "running on".
    I am also going to fit a new water pump.
    Bob. 01597 822637.

Re: Roadster overheating again.

Cant help with the O fan but it is possible that the electric fan you have is designed to draw and be fitted behind the rad. Not the first time I have come across that. You may find that if the fan is running when you switch the engine off it becomes a dynamo and feeds the ignition, causing the running on. But really you do need a rad thats able to deal with the BHP of the engine. ie BHP = Heat.
    The mechanical fan on Marina base Marlins is normally too far back from the rad because of the steering rack. Another point is, construct a cowling around the rad so the air has to go through it and not over the top.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben, thanks! I have been really puzzled by the running on. It\'s been making me demented.

About the radiator - what is the best radiator for an O series, and how do I identify the radiator I have got.

Comment

I will pass on the answer to that as Im supposed to be the Triumph tech rep But Im sure the forum will help if you rephrase the heading question Keith Dodd may have the answer but he is mostly familiar with Marina /MGB engines.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
        X