Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suspension

1. #11 Re: Suspension 
    club member Club Member
    My Sierra-based Cabrio, like Chris's, has tubular steel fabricated wish bones....but I replace the front coilovers about three years ago . Looking through the paperwork, I found the reference DAMPERTECH ref 130/090 B12-2

2. #12 Re: Suspension 
    club member Club Member
    I recently replaced the front dampers on my Sierra-based Cabrio like-for-like with pf974 units from AVO and which took around 7 weeks to manufacture.
    These units have a welded-in spacer and are specials specific to the Cabrio and were one of the various makes offered by Marlin.
    Swapping the springs was a little tricky with limited space between the spring and the damper body.
    My thinking is that tubular wishbones superceded those with a rectangular section to eliminate sharp edges as required by IVA/SVA - rectangular wishbones are present on my pre-IVA car.
    John

3. #13 Re: Suspension 
    club member Club Member chris_cussen's Avatar
    The change to tubular front wishbones happened a long time before IVA. I bought my kit in 2003 and IVA occured in 2009.
    Cabrio, Omex 2.0l 170bhp Zetec blacktop, Omex ECU and wiring loom.

4. #14 Re: Suspension 
    club member Club Member
    Got my SVA's and IVA's muddled Chris!
    My Cabrio was (just!) registered pre the 1998 SVA test and hence also avoids emissions limits (just the visual test) even if as a Q plate I will always need a MOT.
    Like the 5 spoke wheels - mine has TSW's, similar to yours but with a cover over the fixings.
    John