Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roadster Heater

1. #1 Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member
    Hi All

I'm in the process og refurbishing my Roadster 1.8 TC Marina based. I have been trying to get my Heater Matrix re-cored its not leaking but at 40 odd years old I like to change it while its out. Its the Marlin Supplied Heater Box that has the standard Marina Matrix fitted. I have tried a couple of local radiator co. but apparently that type of core is no longer available. I could have a new matrix made in Alloy but at £250.00p I'd sooner do without the heater. Anyone got any ideas for a suitable replacement?

Regards

Mick.

Heater Matrix 1.jpgHeater Matrix 2.jpgHeater Matrix 3.jpg

2. #2 Re: Roadster Heater 
    Club Member
    Have you had a look at oil coolers? they are about the right size and there are lots available

3. #3 Re: Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member

4. #4 Re: Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member listerjp2's Avatar
    I have one of these fitted, punches well above its weight and size.

https://www.t7design.co.uk/2-2kw-mic...9-cc4-d35.html

Adrian

5. #5 Re: Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member AndrewKB's Avatar
    I've got the heater matrix + box + fan that came out of my car during the rebuild. Free to collector. I'll take a photo and post it here within 24 hours.

6. #6 Re: Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member
    Thanks for the info I've not looked at Oil Coolers but its a good option that I'll give some consideration to!

7. #7 Re: Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member
    Yes I spotted the NOS Heater Elements on ebay but what puts me off is that although not used they are still about 40 years old, I think the last Ital was about 1980 unless these have been made since. What concerns me is that if they are Genuine NOS Items they could still contain the soldering acids/fluxes during their long term storage so could the metal be eroded and cause them to fail under pressure. I have brought lots of NOS parts for Japanese bike restorations and sometimes I wish I'd not bothered.

Thank you for your input anyway.

Mick.

8. #8 Re: Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member
    Hi Adrian, this heater looks quite good and it will be definitely worth looking at I'll take some measurements, have you got any pics of it in situ in your Roadster. I originally made my Marlin Supplied Heater Box to blow warm air up to the screen through Morris Minor Demister Component's and I'd like to keep this feature as it does demist the screen with the Hood up, hence the reason I'd like to see this compact heater in situ.

Thank you for the information.

Regards

Mick.

9. #9 Re: Roadster Heater 
    club member Club Member
    Andrew, I would e very interested in having that Heater Assembly off you as it would give me another option outlet along with the other member suggestions. Obviously during the present restrictions I would not be able to travel to you to collect it, but as soon as the restrictions are lifted maybe we can come to some agreement for me to come and collect it. I'm in Derby and I see that your in Cheltenham so I would be happy to nip down to you to collect it, it would give my Cabrio a run out as well.
    Alternatively I might even be passing through your area in June/July going to Newton Abbott in Devon for 3 weeks holiday towing a caravan (not with a Marlin I hasten to add) if we are allowed, so maybe you could meet me at a motorway service area with the heater, we usually stop for a break at the new Gloucester Services for a hour.

Kind regards and thank you for your offer.

Mick.

10. #10 Re: Roadster Heater 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    With regards to Heater matrix's for the benefit of us all. Does anyone know if the classic mini heater matrix could be/ had been used in the past ?
    Here's what they look like and if it could be made to fit, I would imagine the heat output would be sufficient for a Roadster with the soft top and side screens fitted.
    http://www.minispares.com/product/Cl...ck%20to%20shop