Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Removing engine and transmission

1. #11 Re: Removing 1800 engine and transmission 
    club member Club Member
    Hi Robin

My Bulkhead was cracked due to the pressure of the Brake Pedal action. I made up a frame to carry the Pedal Box and Servo Assembly. I think the step in the Bulkhead is due to the length of the Suspension Torsion Bar rear location and allowing enough leg room distance for the taller drivers.

14. Brake Servo Mounting Frame.jpg

Regards Mick.

2. #12 Re: Removing 1800 engine and transmission 
    club member Club Member
    Hi David

Its a 16' x 20' Compton Garage unfortunately its not always that tidy, I am doing a full re-wire on the car at the moment and its turned into a bit of a disaster area now (to embarrassed to photograph it) I'm working inside a Poly Tunnel erected inside the garage with a convector heater in and this creates a warm cozy environment to working during these cold days. The Roadster fits in the poly tunnel ok clearance is about 18"either side and about 24" at the front of the car, its a bit confined but it does keep the chill off you whilst tackling jobs on the car, hand tools are still freezing though.

I'm at the electrical functionality testing stage at the moment, its amazing how circuits test out OK with the test meter then throw up faults when you put electrical current through them, (respect to you auto-electrician's out there) I'm getting there slowly though then I can harness and route the loom and move on to some proper mechanical work rebuilding the car.

Next job is to build the new heater I have a new MG Midget Heater Matrix and I'm fitting it into the Marlin supplied heater box.

Regards

Mick.

3. #13 Re: Removing 1800 engine and transmission 
    club member Club Member
    Hi Michael

Wheels are 13"x 5" Carmona Mistrals I don't think that you can get them now. The silver finish is the original and I brush painted the spokes and centres with the same paint as the car body.
    I like your whole car support frames.

Regards

Mick.

4. #14 Re: Removing 1800 engine and transmission 
    club member Club Member
    Michael 44. Those ramps are brilliant! So many jobs are so much easier if the car is that bit higher, on top as well as underneath.

5. #15 Re: Removing 1800 engine and transmission 
    club member Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinmick View Post
    Hi Robin
    My Bulkhead was cracked due to the pressure of the Brake Pedal action. I made up a frame to carry the Pedal Box and Servo Assembly. I think the step in the Bulkhead is due to the length of the Suspension Torsion Bar rear location and allowing enough leg room distance for the taller drivers.
    Regards Mick.
    OK - thanks. I am vertically challenged so leg room not a problem :-)
    I think I will remake my bulkhead so it is flat and at the same time add some reinforcement. With a flat bulkhead the reinforcement should be very simple.

Cheers, Robin