Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Cabrio on eBay

1. #1 Cabrio on eBay 
    club member Club Member B_Williams's Avatar
    Best Wishes
    Bill Williams
    Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

2. #2 Re: Cabrio on eBay 
    Moderator Club Member
    This Cabrio was once mine, except it isn't the same vehicle.
    Apparently at some point a previous owner had two Cabrio's that he took apart to impart some TLC . They were then put back together with the body panels interchanged [I have no idea why] .
    In my hands it had grey leather 'Marlin' seats [I purchased new] but retains the Birds eye Maple dash I made. It wasn't obviously that god awful colour either.
    I sold it to a chap in South Normanton Derbyshire. Original car can be viewed in Cabrio section of the Galleries.

3. #3 Re: Cabrio on eBay 
    I think the lipstick pink would be OK if the wheel and tyre combination were more appropriate.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

4. #4 Re: Cabrio on eBay 
    club member Club Member
    David

Your right about that colour/wheel combination it looks like it needs quite a lot of fiddly sorting out as well and reading Alan's post it makes you wonder what your actually buying. I'm glad that I got the Cabrio that I brought F745 AEL I paid more for it but it was definitely well worth it.

Mick.