Hi All (Rusted Roadster owner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All (Rusted Roadster owner)

I'm Rob and have been a new member for about 5 years but failed to get to grips with my first ever forum
    even now I can't see a send button???but will carry on for a bit. Briefly I stripped out all the rusted suspension on my Marlin, got it shot blasted and coated. Then took the complete roof off my house, had both kids married off, rehoused etc

I'm in need of some suggestion of where to run the front to back brake pipe on my Roadster, mine is tucked under upper frame on inside drivers side, is that right?? Was there ever a build guide booklet?
    I'll make that do for now as I don't know if I'll be able to send and receive.

Best regards to All Members
    Rob

Re: Hi All (Rusted Roadster owner)

Hi Rob.
    Great first post. Keep it up and you will soon get the hang of it. Maybe even add some pictures......
    The latest build manual can be found here....... https://www.marlinownersclub.com/for...n-build-manual
    To help you though here is the info from the manual.

2.15 Hydraulic System : The diagrams in Fig 19 and Fig 20 show the brake pipe layouts for both the older single circuit system and the more recent dual circuit system fitted to some later Marinas and all ltals. Note that P.D.W.A. (Pressure Differential Warning Actuator) has been omitted from the dual circuit system in order to simplify and reduce the cost of the brake pipe layout. Should you wish to retain the P.D.W.A. a suitable brake pipe set is available (contact Marlin Engineering for details.) Avoid kinking the pipes, bend round your thumbs or use a proprietary pipe bending tool. Bend pipes to a minimum radius of 25 mm and leave pipes straight for a distance of 25 mm from each union. All brake lines must be supported at 300 - 400 mm intervals. The M.O.T. Inspector will be looking for this. The front flexible hoses are fitted to the tags on the chassis. The rear flexible hose is fitted to the small angle bracket supplied which is attached to the rear bulkhead with an M6 machine screw.

Single Line Brake Pipe Layout.JPG

Dual Line Brake Pipe Layout.JPG
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Jon its great to have members like you and others who take the trouble to help the likes of Rob who encounter problems , have always been impressed by the help offered via the Forum.
      Paul

Comment

I have a personal archive of all my Marlin Docs than can be accessed by my friends. Follow the link to keepandshare in my forum signature below.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
        X