Oh dear !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear !

Just browsed this on a Polish site, what a pity. A nice Roadster, last noted for sale in Poland late 2019.

I have no details, only the pics and these words, looks like the fire took out at least one motor cycle as well

Added March 4, 2021 Marlin Roadster Convertible Frame 1972 $1,000
    • Type: Other car parts
    Description
    Hi I sell the frame of the historic Marlin from 1972. the vehicle was 100 % restored.
    Auto manufactured in 1972. Unfortunately, as a result of the fire, the car burned down. The car has a set of documents
    I post pictures after and before the fire.
    A vehicle with a rich racing
    history. He has won many rallies in the UK as well as in many other European countries.
    I will provide any information by phone.
    I encourage you to contact me.
    Attached Files

Re: Oh dear !

Hi Dave, This is the second time this car has been a total write off!! The car was Terry Duttons roadster, and at one time had a cosworth engine fitted. A club member in Peterborough had a collision on a roundabout and the car was declared total loss. At that time it had a 2000SOHC fitted. Then purchased from scrap yard by Polish friend and damage put right and car stayed in poland. Sorry to see how it has ended up now, but you never know it may rise from the ashes again so to speak. Danny

Comment

Should have added there was serious mods to both front and rear suspension, and look at that rad for a roadster. This was reqd to cool the Cosworth.
      I do have several photos of the car. Danny

Comment

Hi
        I just talked with the seller. Gave him my phone number to pass to the prospective buyer to keep contact.
        Still I question myself if the frame structure is still usable.
        If someone is interested I’m in a 100miles distance and do speak polish. 😀

Comment

The Advert says 1000 dollars
          US Dollars?
          Or is the sign wrong and because his polish keyboard didn't have £ symbol?
          Or is it Zloty...the currency in Poland... which is roughly 5 to the £
          And if it is US dollars then the residual value will be different depending whether you take the USD to the £ rate, or whether you take the USD to the Zloty rate

Comment

The price is 4000 złoty (PLN) that is around 750 GBP

Comment

Working...
            X