Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suspension questions

1. #11 Re: Suspension questions 
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbillings View Post
    Worth checking tyre pressures. Maybe too high.
    I agree. Check tyre pressures. I run mine on 18psi and it transformed the handling and made for a far less bumpy ride! Think how light the car is now compared to it's doner car! Gareth.

2. #12 Re: Suspension questions 
    club member
    Yes, we didn't have a tyre pressure gauge when I picked the car up so couldn't check before I drove it home, but suspect that they're a bit on the high side.

I can check the tracking as I have a really accurate home made tracking gauge which we used to use when we were hillclimbing Imps and Ginettas.

I was always messing about with suspension geometry, spring rates, tyres/tyre pressure, different dampers etc back in those days as we figured it was the best way to try and beat the bigger cars with more bhp! My Marlin has a standard 2.0 pinto engine with about 95 bhp (?) - I can't tell you how much money it used to cost us to try and get 90+ bhp out of a 998cc Imp engine...!