A short ski holiday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short ski holiday.

Well, not today... it is almost two weeks as I got back from a ski holiday in the polish Tatra Mountains.
    I started with replacing the had top with a soft top in hope for a good weather. First day traveled from Warsaw to Cracow (Kraków) to visit one of our customers (two days job). Then traveled to Rzepiska near Zakopane. My better half arranged a wooden house for our stay in this very nice (probably the highest located in Poland) village. Most of the drive was open top at about 0-5 deg cloudy weather but for the last part put the roof on. It was already dark and it has started snowing. Star Wars or Space Odysey experience - see the linked vid.
    During the stay weather was mixed sun, clouds and snow. Driving small roads in mountains area gives much more fun than flatlands around Warsaw. I have used an opportunity to try some off-road.... I just tried to follow google maps suggestions just to find the point-of-no-return is far behind.... (another vid linked).
    The good finding was that snow is definitely less likely to penetrate a used (perforated) roof than rain. (See pic)
    During the stay I had to make another one day trip to Cracow. Nice scenic roads and a short stop in Lacko (Łącko) tu buy their local specialty. Plum vodka (moonshine about 70%). Saturday was return drive. Took my daughter for her last ski training (we started 7:30) and then drove through Zawoja and Wadowice in the home direction. Even succeed to pass the Vistula river with a small ferry. Arrived 18:15 with 307 miles more on the clock. The trip altogether was just above 1k.

Vids:
    With the soft top on, but still not quite warm and cosy.

Nice morning in the Tatra Mountains. I was taking my daughter for her ski training.A ski helmet is always good to keep your ears warm during open top motoring.

You may check other vids on my channel later as I’m just uploading a few more.
    (Sorry, just the over-the-bonnet type)

Best regards and stay safe
    Roman
    Attached Files

Re: A short ski holiday.

Thanks Roman for some great videos and good examples of the ‘go anywhere’ ethos of the Marlins in scenery that in the UK we can only dream of! Peter.

Comment

Re: A short ski holiday.

That was an entertaining few minutes, thanks for posting.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
      X