An alternative farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative farewell

Yesterday I did an approx 250 mile round trip to Lyneham in Wiltshire . The purpose of which was to say farewell to an old Air Force buddy of mine who passed away recently, and as I couldn't attend his funeral due to number restrictions I did it the way I thought he would appreciate - a pint of Wadworths 6X in the village pub.
    Rest in peace Tony 'Trapper' Lowe .

Re: An alternative farewell

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Yesterday I did an approx 250 mile round trip to Lyneham in Wiltshire . The purpose of which was to say farewell to an old Air Force buddy of mine who passed away recently, and as I couldn't attend his funeral due to number restrictions I did it the way I thought he would appreciate - a pint of Wadworths 6X in the village pub.
    Rest in peace Tony 'Trapper' Lowe .
    In the past year I have said goodbye to too many in the same way.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Re: An alternative farewell

Well done, what a nice thing to do. My other half wanted to cruise by Windsor Castle to say goodbye to Prince Phillip, so we took the Alfa out for a blast although couldn't get that close.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
      X