An alternative farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative farewell

Yesterday I did an approx 250 mile round trip to Lyneham in Wiltshire . The purpose of which was to say farewell to an old Air Force buddy of mine who passed away recently, and as I couldn't attend his funeral due to number restrictions I did it the way I thought he would appreciate - a pint of Wadworths 6X in the village pub.
    Rest in peace Tony 'Trapper' Lowe .

Re: An alternative farewell

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Yesterday I did an approx 250 mile round trip to Lyneham in Wiltshire . The purpose of which was to say farewell to an old Air Force buddy of mine who passed away recently, and as I couldn't attend his funeral due to number restrictions I did it the way I thought he would appreciate - a pint of Wadworths 6X in the village pub.
    Rest in peace Tony 'Trapper' Lowe .
    In the past year I have said goodbye to too many in the same way.

Comment

Re: An alternative farewell

Well done, what a nice thing to do. My other half wanted to cruise by Windsor Castle to say goodbye to Prince Phillip, so we took the Alfa out for a blast although couldn't get that close.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
      X