MT75 Kwik shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MT75 Kwik shift

My Cabrio has the carburetter version of Ford's late Sierra 8 valve twin cam engine, the "i4" fittd to an MT 75 gearbox. The throw on the gear change is too long (I have been known to bark my knuckles on the stereo housing in front when changing to 3rd or 5th. I've ordered a Kwikshift kit from Burton Power....will I have to remove the box from the car before fitting or can it be done with the box in situ?
    Does anyone on here have experience of this conversion they could share please? Snags? Things to look out for? I suppose most importantly, was it worth it?

Re: MT75 Kwik shift

Hi Bill,
    I fitted a quick shift which I think I got from Rally Design, but it may have been Burton.. A long time ago.
    However provided you can get enough space by loosening the top of the gearstick gaiter then you can remove the old gearstick and replace it with the new one from above.
    It did do the job for me, no more grazed knucles.
    Chris

Comment

I had the same problem with bruised knuckles when I first had my Hunter. I just undid the two screws holding the stereo under the dash, drilled two more holes and moved it all forward 20mm. Simples!

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
        I had the same problem with bruised knuckles when I first had my Hunter. I just undid the two screws holding the stereo under the dash, drilled two more holes and moved it all forward 20mm. Simples!
        I just removed the stereo as I've never switched it on since I bought the car, don't even know if it worked before removal......
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
          I've never switched it on since I bought the car, don't even know if it worked before removal......
          It probably worked fine, just you couldn't hear it over the noise of the engine!

I appear to have an added power-booster and 1970’s ‘Ghetto-Blaster’ speakers on my Hunter.

I spent some time setting up a DAB system that plays through the existing cassette-player radio, includes ‘hands-free’ and Apple Car-Play – Whoopee!

As soon as you start the engine - Nothing can be heard!
          Last edited by kahawi; 22-04-21, 04:35 PM.
          Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Working...
          X