Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Loom & Friction Hinges Recommendation

Hi folks,

Has anyone bought a wiring loom in the last 6 months or so and can therefore make a recommendation as I need one for my A Series Roadster. Constant fettling no more, its now causing a fair few issues. No shame to it, but rather than burn the garage down I'll replace it. Thinking Premier or Autosparks generic loom as they both seem much better suited to the weather than a Marina one and have a decent fusebox and relay arrangement.

Also, I have obtained a nice pattern for wind deflectors but can anyone recommend some friction hinges and where to get them? I made an enquiry to Vintagecarparts.co.uk who no longer offer them and I believe a similar story with Europa.
    I am investigating if an Aberdeen based laser cutting outfit can do the cutting. If successful I'll post the results on the Forum and see if we can get some others manufactured if there is enough interest.

Best.
    Scotty

Re: Wiring Loom & Friction Hinges Recommendation

Hi Sconebum... I bought a wiring loom (as in complete harness) from Premier Wiring in November. I have a Cabrio, with an original recycled Sierra loom which is way past its sling-by date....and the Premier kit was mentioned at the back of the John Dickens book ""Automotive Electrics a Practical guide"...which is why I contacted them. Premier produced a complete bespoke loom, with instructions, fuses, relays etc etc, delivered promptly. They are based in Scotland once again. To be frank, the instructions are adequate at best...but there is telephone back-up offered. I spoke to Patrick. They trade on eBay as premierwiringuk PM me for any other information.

Comment

Check out Car Builders Solutions. They do Loom solutions. Usual disclaimers.

Comment

Chaps,
        Many thanks for the replies, appreciated. I've received the Car Builders Solutions catalogue and there is everything I'll ever need in there. Bill, many thanks for taking the time to call on Sunday. I've made contact with the "Premier" chap, Patrick who now seems to be running the show from his premises in Fife. He has offered to adapt his kit car loom to accommodate both wiper and indicator stalks for an additional charge, so I'll do that.

Autosparks do an identical Marina loom which is slightly cheaper than their kit car loom (no relays, I presume) and I thought long and hard about buying this as a replacement. Discussing with Bill however, I agree that the kit car loom is far better protected by both relays and fuses and must better suited to the more hostile environment in our Marlins, such as being exposed to the elements etc.

I should have it by the weekend and I'll get started soon. I'll send the details by way of a short "fitting" article if installation goes smoothly.

Scotty

Comment

Working...
        X