WANTED - Roadster rear body tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED - Roadster rear body tub

I am rebuilding an early Marina based Roadster. I have a rear tub but it is the one with the top edge crudely riveted to an aluminium plate and supported by a hoop. Not the greatest of mouldings and not easy to finish well.
    I would like to fit one of the later body tubs with a return edge on the top. I am guessing it would be a fairly straightforward swap.
    So - does anyone have one for sale? I am based in Bedfordshire and happy to collect within a couple of hours drive.

Cheers, Robin

PS.I am looking for one WITHOUT a spare wheel well. :-)
    Last edited by martinclan56; 05-05-21, 06:40 PM.

Re: WANTED - Roadster rear body tub

call or email 07976 836374 [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by danny_nelson View Post
      call or email 07976 836374 [email protected]

Email sent. :-)

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Still looking. The one that Danny offered me had a spare wheel well so wasn't suitable.
        Cheers Robin

Comment

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
          Still looking. The one that Danny offered me had a spare wheel well so wasn't suitable.
          Cheers Robin
          Hi Robin
          I stand to be corrected, but I do no think the later rear tub with the return edge you are looking for was produced without the well.
          You maybe looking for something that does not exist.
          Could you not modify the one that Danny has by removing the well and re-fibreglassing? Or modify the one you have a create a return edge?
          Jon
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

FWIW "Roadster Development doc" is on the "Marlin Histories" tab on the main website

Rgds DC

Comment

Aha - so it seems the spare wheel well is standard if you have the rolled top edge. I'll have to think again....

Cherrs, Robin

Comment

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
                Hi Robin
                I stand to be corrected, but I do no think the later rear tub with the return edge you are looking for was produced without the well.
                You maybe looking for something that does not exist.
                Could you not modify the one that Danny has by removing the well and re-fibreglassing? Or modify the one you have a create a return edge?
                Jon

You are correct it seems. Unfortunately my fibreglassing skills are not up to either of your alternative suggestions :-(.
                I'll have to think again it seems.

Cheers, Robin

Comment

Hi I au the the rear tub you are looking for call me Andrew on 07831561121 anytime

Comment

Originally posted by acurtis View Post
                    Hi I au the the rear tub you are looking for call me Andrew on 07831561121 anytime

Hi Andrew

Whereabouts are you? I am in bedfordshire and dont want to travel further than necessary...

Cheers, Robin

Comment

did you get the rear tub you was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by stewart 27 View Post
                        did you get the rear tub you was looking for
                        No. It seems what I wanted doesn't exist. That is the later tub with the returned edge, but without a wheel well.
                        So at least for the moment I am sticking with the original tub which doesn't have the return but also doesn't have a wheel well.
                        Cheers Robin

Comment

I’ve often wondered about this as PKK had a no return no wheel well, then the car I had later had the return with the wheel well which got me thinking would be good to have a returned shell without the wheel well as carrying a spare nowadays is a bit redundant.
                          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                          X