Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring

Hi All
    I need someone's help-advice. I have recently had my car re-upholstered and they done the seems around the carpets. However when they replaced the carpets around the centre console they have pulled some wiring out of a box attached to the hazard lights now none of my lights are working. There are 5 wires and 7 prongs for the wires to go on. One of the wires is a double two into one. As there is no wiring diagram and I am absolutely clueless. Can I plug the wires in one by one onto each prong and see what works or do they have to be all plugged in together. I am not taking it back to the garage as they could make it worse than I could. If anyone can help or even have a chat as I don't know if I have explained it right. Please can you give me a call on 07940 309677. All help and advice will be appreciated.

Re: Wiring

Without knowing how the circuit is wired it's not really possible to say but might this help?

hazards.jpg

Comment

Car builder solutions has some handy diagrams like the one above, with a choice depending on what relay and switch combination you have. Their catalogue can be viewed online.

Comment

C80FBF90-1DA2-44EB-B17D-AE61F945166F.jpg8F66E261-EFCD-48E8-B4C9-812F2E2B1060.jpgThis is my hazards with the light wire already attachedand the wire from the left is a red with green then green and white then green then double green then green and red

Comment

Can I put the wires in one at a time ie trial and error to see which works or do they all have to be put in the right place altogether

Comment

Don't try plugging the cables in at random. You could cause a short. Use the diagrams above after tracing the cables back to their origin. It's time consuming but worth it. Make notes and Mark the cables. See if the colour coding matches the Ford diagram. This will make life easier.
            Label each connector when you have found the cables origin. This will help in the future.
            Otherwise is there a MOC member who is an auto-electrician near you? The club members have a wealth of knowledge. Good luck with it.
            Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by petewoods View Post
              Can I put the wires in one at a time ie trial and error to see which works or do they all have to be put in the right place altogether
              They all have to be in the right place to work properly.

I am busy this morning but will give you a call later, if you are available?
              Last edited by jon_wilkinson; 07-05-21, 11:15 AM.

Comment

If I had to guess I would say that looks like a British Leyland loom. Do you know what the donor vehicle was?

This web site lists the standard colours for Lucas/Triumph wires. I hope it helps.
                Library Article: Reference chart showing the function of any wire from the main and tracer colours alone. at The Triumph Experience

Paul

Comment

Jon thank you for all your help today. I will check the rest out tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                  X