Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake Marlin in Auction?

1. #1 Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    frequent forum contributor
    https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/auct...kit-car-MgD1Mn

i dont remember the name of the other kit-manufacturer...but looks like somebody built a kit using a Marlin V5c to bypass IVA.

2. #2 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    It is not a Vincent , looks more like a special one off with a little bit of Riley looks, but it may well have been built using a MK 1 Triumph based Marlin chassis and running gear. There are several period looking specials on the road built in that manner.

3. #3 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    Moderator Club Member
    Pual Moorhouse says on another forum it's a new one to him, likewise Tony Dwornic [Vincent MPH] has said it's also not from him. Did it sell?

4. #4 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    This has already been discussed at great length on the Marlin FB page. It's intended to look like a Vincent but could be based on a Marlin chassis. It's quite a nice car and quality looks reasonable.

Another 5+ days of bidding on the auction but up to £3,500 already. Could be going for chunky money. It will be interesting to see if it ever turns up to a MOC meet at Stoneleigh. After all we've already had Morgan's show up...
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

5. #5 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    A friend sent me details of this car on "Car & Classic" website. I sent the details on to Dave Cunningham and he replied saying he had known about this car for a whil,e and it has reappeared. He had contacted "C&C" for the chassis number but he does not know where to ask them to look as the bulkhead has been altered. David.

6. #6 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    Hi all, having looked at photos in as much detail as possible I would guess this is a one off and it does not look like it’s on a marlin chassis.

7. #7 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    A question for those of you that have looked carefully at the pictures. Were you able to determine what is the size of thw wheels and tyres? just curious....

Cheers, Robin

PS - vehicle still seems to be registered on its original logbook. DVLA says a green Triumph/
    Last edited by martinclan56; 17-05-2021 at 07:43 AM.

8. #8 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    Tyres are marked 7.00 x 14 Monarch remoulds (photos expand if clicked, large enough to see detail)

9. #9 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    Cheers - better eyesight than me.
    Does that mean they are crossplies then? I Googled them and they seem to be trailer tyres!

Cheers, Robin

10. #10 Re: Fake Marlin in Auction? 
    club member Club Member
    Interesting to have an exposed gearbox inside!? Anyone else tried that in a Marlin ?