Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabrio/ Seirra front wheel hub carriers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio/ Seirra front wheel hub carriers.

Hi Just removed the front wheel hub carriers. (The bits where the track control ball joints locate along with the track rod ends etc).
    The tapers where the ball joints locate appear to have had a hard life on the right hand side carrier, both tapers are misshapen. Mine appear to be from an early (possibly 1983) Sierra with no ABS. I've been checking various sources for, initially, the right hand side only carrier, but I'm struggling to locate one. Another alternative, I thought, was to get a pair of carriers from a later Sierra but wondered if they were dimensionally the same. Does anybody have any information on which carriers are compatible. What was the set up on the Granada or Monday. Were they the same?

Thanks Phil

Re: Cabrio/ Seirra front wheel hub carriers.

Originally posted by slatept View Post
    Hi Just removed the front wheel hub carriers. (The bits where the track control ball joints locate along with the track rod ends etc).
    The tapers where the ball joints locate appear to have had a hard life on the right hand side carrier, both tapers are misshapen. Mine appear to be from an early (possibly 1983) Sierra with no ABS. I've been checking various sources for, initially, the right hand side only carrier, but I'm struggling to locate one. Another alternative, I thought, was to get a pair of carriers from a later Sierra but wondered if they were dimensionally the same. Does anybody have any information on which carriers are compatible. What was the set up on the Granada or Monday. Were they the same?

Thanks Phil
    That should say Mondeo.

Comment

Re: Cabrio/ Seirra front wheel hub carriers.

The Mondeo is different. The bottom ball joint has parallel sides and is held by a pinch bolt. Also because it is front wheel drive the steering rack is behind the axle line, where the Sierra is in front. You might be lucky with the Granada I don't know.
      Edit. It seems that later Mondeo's might be taper ball joints but the steering rack is still behind.
      Last edited by scott h; 25-05-21, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X