Marlin under new ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin under new ownership

Just been reading that Terry has found someone to take over the reins of all the Marlin makes.

Great news, and good luck to Terry and her endeavours in the future.

Rather than me pick the information out, here is the link to the write up in Total Kitcars

Adrian

Re: Marlin under new ownership

There will also be a similar notice in the next Pitstop due out over the next couple of weeks. I have contacted both new owners to congratulate them on their respective acquisitions and wish them good luck for the future.

Geoff

Comment

Great news, especially as there will be some sort of continuity with an existing member of the team running it.
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Mmm.

Just seen this on ebay.

Don't know what to think.

Adrian

Comment

Then I think the press release below needs to be updated to “ will end up on eBay” .. what else are we to think ?

5EXi model

Tom Sloan, another very capable engineer, who we first met in the year 2000, has taken this on. We had just launched the 5EXi at the Stoneleigh Kit Car show and Tom fell in love with the car and decided that one day he would build himself a Marlin 5EXi. It has only taken 20-years but now, not only will Tom be building himself a car, but he is also planning, in the near future, to produce kits/cars again.
          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

My understanding from the statement provided to me by Terry Matthews which is on the website and in the latest Pitstop is that Tom Sloan bought the Exi build rights and jigging with a view to eventually supplying kits. Looks like he has immediately put it up for sale unless I'm misunderstanding the situation.

Comment

That's my take on it.

Adrian

Comment

Shame, as I am sure that's not what Terry envisaged.

Adrian

Comment

The end of that model then as most of that in the listing looks a bit tired
                  - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                  - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                  - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
                    My understanding from the statement provided to me by Terry Matthews which is on the website and in the latest Pitstop is that Tom Sloan bought the Exi build rights and jigging with a view to eventually supplying kits. Looks like he has immediately put it up for sale unless I'm misunderstanding the situation.
                    The sellers eBay name is teg_tom so looks likely.

Comment

It is my understanding that the 5exi body panel moulds are being sold due to the development of the model by the new owners.

Comment

Originally posted by leadfoot View Post
                        It is my understanding that the 5exi body panel moulds are being sold due to the development of the model by the new owners.
                        But the ad says all rights to the design included.

Comment

Originally posted by scott h View Post
                          But the ad says all rights to the design included.
                          As it looks like the shape and fittings are to be changed, the existing body moulds would only be used on a commission basis to service existing owners cars in the event of accident damage etc. Since the 5exi in this guise is effectively to be discontinued, the new owners are happy for the rights to make and sell original style body panels to go to whomever buys the concern.

P.S. With the deal, is a driving 5exi, so probably not a bad price when viewed on balance...

Comment

Working...
                          X