Marina wheel studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina wheel studs

I have been contacted by an owner in France who needs some new wheel studs and nuts for his Marina based Roadster. Apparently his mechanic managed to destroy some of them! Any ideas of the best places for him to try?

Geoff

Re: Marina wheel studs

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
    I have been contacted by an owner in France who needs some new wheel studs and nuts for his Marina based Roadster. Apparently his mechanic managed to destroy some of them! Any ideas of the best places for him to try?

Geoff
    There are multiple suppliers in the UK, but not many of them, post Brexit, will necessarily want to post to the EU with additional customs/import charges.

Best choice is possibly the larger parts suppliers like Moss or Rimmer bros.

It may be appropriate to look to increase from 3/8” to 7/16” studs from a Triumph Dolomite or even to M12 Ford studs depending on the wheels. They will all fit in the Marina/Triumph hubs.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi
      I used 16 off of 3/8 unf Stainless steel wheel nuts with 60 degree taper face listed on ebay for a Classic Mini.

The company that manufacture and sell them don't currently have them listed on ebay but are worth contacting as they were good quality and fitted.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/illstonandrobsonltd

The part number in their old listing was :P2366
      In 2016 they were £32 delivered.

With regards to the studs, ask someone listing Classic Mini wheel studs what the length is as there is a good chance that they are the same as a Marina's.

Comment

Thanks for your input which I have fed back to the owner.

Comment

Your very welcome

Comment

I think you will find that the classic mini wheel studs, whilst having the correct thread have a spline diameter that is smaller than the Marina hub.
            As always if will be interesting to learn if the person making the request follows up, and let’s us know the result.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Agreed Steve that is a possibility . If that is the case how about Morris Minor wheel studs as a Plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
                Agreed Steve that is a possibility . If that is the case how about Morris Minor wheel studs as a Plan B?
                The idea is not possibility but certainty for an end user in France.

Plan A should be buy the correct parts 3/8” studs from Rimmer Brothers.
                Plan B should be buy Dolomite standard 7/16” studs from Rimmer Brothers, but they show NLA.
                The hubs used by a Triumph Dolomite (Not the Sprint) are identical to Marina hubs (except the late model rears that have larger keyways, which you will only find out on disassembly)

Morris Minor Studs suffer from the same problem as Mini studs when it comes to compatability.

Let’s hope the requester solves his problem with the right parts.
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

How about these for 3/8 unf Wheel studs , they can also supply a set of 16 under another listing?
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283487697...SABEgLQ1fD_BwE

Comment

I know these work as I have them on my Roadster.

ANG have been good for supply numerous parts for my Roadster.

Adrian

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
                    How about these for 3/8 unf Wheel studs , they can also supply a set of 16 under another listing?
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283487697...SABEgLQ1fD_BwE

Comment

Working...
                    X