X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Hockey Stick' plastic edge trim!

Donnie,
    Did you go to the Exeter show?
    Pheonix were there and they atually had a roll of exactly what you are looking for. I very nearly bought some for you but thought that as you live near by you would have gone yourself. Keep on at these guys as they have what you need.
    Regards
    Jon
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

AAAAAAARRGGHHH!!!

Curses, and double curses! As usual, as with all of this year, I had every intention of going to various meets, but all sorts conspired against - this time, it was childrens' parties (C'mon, Callan, is your 5th birthday ALL that important...)

Thanks for the thought, Jon. No problem at all that you didn't get any (you'd probably have bought a length 2" too short ;-) ), but it's VERY helpful that you confirm they have the stuff.

I'd actually re-sent my sketch to them a week or so ago - still waiting for a reply. I'll now chase with renewed vigour!

Many thanks - much obliged.

(Good show?! Highlights?)

Comment

Message originally posted by: Micky Mouse
        This thread is boring, stop it now!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
          Who rattled your cage big ears? Don't tune in if you can't take the pressure!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Einnod
            Me, I'm gripped.

(...and biased)

Comment

Message originally posted by: Anita
              Oh Susie, how Noddy of you !

Comment

Message originally posted by: Minnie
                Micky, not half as boring as you !!!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Dave Kitson (Javelin Sports Cars Ltd)
                  Hi
                  Here's my two penn'orth! You have my utmost admiration for pursuing this so long. I wanted the same stuff for my Cabrio build, but ended up with the aluminium stuff from Woolies, and covered it with vinyl. Looks ok but was time consuming to do, and I only did straight runs. Also used it (subsequently painted) to trim the grill, and was surprised how well it could be curved.
                  Now that I am trading as Javelin, I could make use of the plastic version myself, though even I would struggle to use 75m, but at least you know someone else wants it. Once you have located the exact stuff, would it be worth contacting Europa or Car Builder Solutions to see if they would stock it? 75m is probably nothing to them, and we could all get just as much as we needed from them.
                  Dave.

Comment

Hi Dave.

Judging by the image on their website, it does look like mkmplastics has what I, and your goodself are after, although they unfortunately haven't sent me a sample to confirm despite me asking - twice.

Phoenix sounds promising - Alan suggested them some time ago, and they came across as very helpful when I first emailed them "give us a sketch, and we'll send you samples on the nearest we have...". Jon subsequently saw them at Exeter and they did appear to have exactly the right stuff. Unfortunately, they haven't responded to my further emails, so I'm now going to phone them!

I really do need very flexible stuff - for any Berli owner interested in revamping their dash to eradicate the nasty column-stalk dash cut-outs, what I've done is to cut off most of the indicator stalk (leaving about 2&quot and attached a new stalk made from 6mm dia steel bar. This was bent to come out from the dash right next to the steering column hole - needing just a thin slot extending from the steering hole - before bending round to run parallel with the dash itself. A short piece of 8mm dia steel tube slipped over the end and a spray of metallic graphite, and it's now a very dinky and nice to use control!

I mainly need the edge trim to finish off the steering column hole, and it needs to bend very sharply to go into the slot for the indicator stalk.

I'll be in touch with any news, Dave.

Comment

Donnie,
                      I actually dropped in to Pheonix last week (I have a customer in Wellington)and unfortunatley they do not stock any of said trim. What I thought was correct is much more of an "L" profile. I have taken some samples so if you want me to send them on please let me know. jon.cox(at)blueyonder.co.uk
                      Looks like it is back to mkm.
                      regards
                      Jon
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi Jon.

That's very thoughtful of you. What a shame, but it might still do the trick, tho', if it's flexible!

I'll email you.

Really appreciated.

Donnie.

Comment

Working...
                        X