Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions for 215/60r15 tyres

1. #11 Re: Suggestions for 215/60r15 tyres 
    club member Club Member
    Just to add to the information (or confusion!) I use Falken Ziex Ecorun 205/65 R15 tyres on my Cabrio. They seem to perform well and the wear rate on the front is minimal. A bit higher on the back but that's probably partly due to a small amount of toe-in.

2. #12 Re: Suggestions for 215/60r15 tyres 
    club member Club Member
    I meant to add that these tyres were less than £80 each fitted but that was 3 or 4 years ago.

3. #13 Re: Suggestions for 215/60r15 tyres 
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrum View Post
    I meant to add that these tyres were less than £80 each fitted but that was 3 or 4 years ago.
    Thanks. I've noticed there is a lot more choice in the 205's and from decent brands at sensible prices.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

4. #14 Re: Suggestions for 215/60r15 tyres 
    I've been measuring, allowing for ±3% growth in the tyre diameter (is that correct?) under load and the 65 profile will take the tyre into direct contact with the bolts that hold the wing on, so that's not good! Even ignoring that they only just clear. 60 profile gives me back some sensible clearance.

I have to wonder if the wings are closer to the wheels on this car if the factory spec is up to 205/65x15.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.