Bonnet catches, anyone recognize this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet catches, anyone recognize this one

The top plastic part missing on one. I have a set of pull up spring loaded anyway if I can’t find one of these.

Sorry, the image is on its side!
    Attached Files
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Bonnet catches, anyone recognize this one

IIRC Mark Mathews used catches (or should I say buckles?) from Ski boots.
    If you check with Kevin, who now owns Marlin Sportscars, he may remember where they came from?

Comment

Originally posted by Peterx View Post
      IIRC Mark Mathews used catches (or should I say buckles?) from Ski boots.
      If you check with Kevin, who now owns Marlin Sportscars, he may remember where they came from?
      Thanks Peter.
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

There appears to be some writing on them. What does it say? It may give us a clue.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Originally posted by jon_cox View Post
          There appears to be some writing on them. What does it say? It may give us a clue.
          I can hardly read it in real life, even with my glasses on. CCLIP or GCLIP, or 8CLIP, and something else but none of that helped via Google. They are from the late 90's so probably well gone by now.

Comment

Well based on Peterx's recommendation (impressive memory) the following site may be worth a look.

Come and buy your Ski Boot Buckles and Catches from Anything Technical, the UKs' leading online shop and retail ski shop in Kendal, Cumbria
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

I contacted an ‘old school chum’ who is very much into skiing, his reply:-

“Hi Col, Yes definitely ski boot clips. I can’t identify the make. The clear plastic ratchet reminds me of a make called Caber (no longer in business) If replacements are needed, just go online.

New set going for £12 - £25. Search ski boot clip replacement.

You could even strike lucky and find some at a charity shop or recycling centre.”

The ingenuity of Marlin builders, never ceases to amaze me!

Good Luck! Colin B
              Last edited by kahawi; 29-06-21, 04:30 PM. Reason: added name to signature
              Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Thanks guys, a while on Google no luck getting the same type. Time to get the replaced with the chrome proper items I think.

Comment

Caber was bought by Rossignol who bought a couple of other companies. Rationalisation meant Caber was discontinued .

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
                    Caber was bought by Rossignol who bought a couple of other companies. Rationalisation meant Caber was discontinued .
                    At least I know I can't get spares now! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X