Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter prototype back in club L483 ETT

Hi all,

It's taken me a while to enter the Marlin world.

I've been playing with old cars since my first Triumph GT6 30 years ago. I'm from Devon and worked for Goodridge in the late 80's / early 90's and became aware of Marlin back then as we supplied the braided steel brake hose kits. My interest was sparked when I saw a truly stunning Marlin, new at the time on the A38 near Plymouth, I think it was a Berlinetta, but that was 30 years ago! Anyway, I finally got round to looking more seriously a few years ago and learnt things developed since Marlin in Plymouth and the Hunter was a thing! I missed a few and on the basis that if Covid has taught us anything it is life's to short, I purchased L483 ETT. Having then ignored it until I cleared the drive of an alloy XJ6 (another itch!) I coaxed her into life at the weekend and enjoyed a gentle trip around the Cotswold that was drama free!. I love the history of being the prototype and would appreciate any history ((Dave?) I saw the image in the magazine from '95). The Cologne is 'relaxed', but sounds great, I hate the Cosworth alloys, but they may have to stay (or be retained...) as they were on the car in period. Initial impressions are refined, slow steering takes some getting used to (my other car is still..... a GT6) and cosy, but all good and will see how we get on with what to me is a modern classic, Duncan

Re: Hunter prototype back in club L483 ETT

Welcome to the fold

Comment

Re: Hunter prototype back in club L483 ETT

Duncan, email me and I'll get back to you with whatever we have

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
      X