Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who was bob Moorhouse?

Hi at all,

on German Ebay Kleinanzeigen, i found a Marlin called: " built as the first Prototype by the Developer "Bob" Moorhouse in 1974"
    I Know one Paul Moorhouse, but Bob ?

Link: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...09797-216-4016

Was there really a prototype? Ore a joke ? What dou you Think ?

$_59.jpg

Re: who was bob Moorhouse?

Well it's a mk2 Morris Marina based one and the later type.

Has the original wand type gear shifter and the return on the rear clam shell.

Like mine but with a 1.8 engine.

Adrian
    Last edited by listerjp2; 08-07-21, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The first Triumph based Roadster left the factory on 1st July 1979. I think the Marina based Marlins started in the 1980's and Paul's name is not Bob! Liz

Comment

Sorry Wolf, but this is someone's idea of a joke perhaps !

It is a 1.8 engined Marina based Roadster, these kits were built from 1981.

The first Marlin Roadsters were all Triumph based, built from1979 to 1983.

As Liz says above the man behind these cars is Paul Moorhouse, not Bob !

It would be very useful to know the kit number (on front left side of chassis
        rail, near suspension) and I can then tell you which car it is

......I do not speak German, perhaps you could contact the seller and ask for
        details, also any Registration number information will help to identify it

I do not recognise the car from the pictures, and certainly the boot UK
        (trunk USA) is not one I've seen before

EDIT : The Marina was produced 1971 to 1980, so perhaps the car is using the donor's age ???????

I am very pleased to know you are enjoying your car

Dave Cunnington
        Last edited by dcunn; 08-07-21, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Hello Dave,

yes i enjoy my/your Car !
          You did a good job on it !
          it still has a few small bugs,
          but I would also like to be able to
          repair a little myself.

"Bob Moorhouse"

I will contact the seller and ask him if he can tell me the registration number and Kit Number
          maybe I will get the information to determine what it is.
          We will see...

another question: Does every car in England have a registration number that keeps it forever?
          Here in Germany you either get a new license plate when you register, or you choose one.
          Consisting of
          - County / City
          -1-2 letters ,
          -3-4 digit number

My Plate : DIL-CS 27H

DIL = Dillkreis (County)
          CS = Charlotte Sophie ( my daughter)
          27 = Birthday
          H = Historical Registration

20210707_205407.jpg

Comment

Good morning Wolf, thank you for this info, and good luck with the "Bob" car info.

In UK every newly registered car gets a registration number which it carries for life
            unless the owner puts on a "Vanity/Personal plate". These are subject to many rules
            and have to be removed when the car is sold as it reverts back to it's official plate.

Having purchased a personal plate, you can retain it for use on future cars, but it
            must always be an officially notified change when you fit it

The Q series, given on registration for cars built from kits etc is subject to it's own
            set of rules, and these numbers are not transferable to other cars

Gruss DC
            Last edited by dcunn; 09-07-21, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working on the idea that there's a joke in here somewhere, has the would-be humorist perhaps confused the designers name with Bob MONKhouse either by accident or design? I could suggest that Paul Moorhouse and Bob Monkhouse were quite exceptional in their particular fields?

Comment

Bit more about UK registration…
                If you build a car out of new components then it gets a registration for the current year.
                If you build a car and the major components (there is a points scoring system for this) come from a single donor then it gets a registration of the same year as the original donor. i.e. if the donor was a ‘G’ then the new registration will be a ‘G’
                If you build a car from multiple sources or can not demonstrate that it came from a single donor, then it gets a Q registration.
                Q registered cars can not change their registration.
                Non-Q cars can change their registration, but the year letter/number must not make the car appear to be newer than it originally registered. i.e. You can register a ‘G’ as an ‘A’ but not a ‘H’.

Comment

Hello,

I wrote to the seller, but he firmly believes that it is a prototype and was built by "Bob" ...
                  What do you want to say about it? Nothing!
                  It could have been in his interest to know what history the marlin has ...

What a shame…

Chris & Dave
                  Thank you for the clarification
                  It's very complicated with your license plates...But also very informative!

Unfortunately, I didn't get the old license plate when I bought it.
                  I would have liked it ...

Grüße André

Comment

Thanks for the attempt anyway !

I've replied to your PM as well

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                    X