Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunter rear springs

Originally posted by dave_kitson View Post
    The springs I bought were KYB K-Flex RA5190, if that is any help. I don't recall different lengths, but there are a lot of variables in springs, which can be used to balance one another out, ie length, diameter, number of turns, wire diameter, tensile strength. Would short springs be stiffer than long ones on average? In which case I'd opt for long on a light car like the Cabrio. If you think this is confusing, wait till you start on the front springs!!!!! Dave.
    I have a pair of these but haven’t fitted them yet. Dimensions are below may be of use.
    KYB K-Flex RA5190
    Length 300mm (11 7/8”)
    Wire diameter 14mm (constant along length)
    Turns 6 1/2

Peter.
    Last edited by greyV8pete; 13-08-21, 03:31 PM. Reason: Turns inches symbol deleted

Comment

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
      That is interesting, I've just looked at my Marlin build manual (dated 2001) and is does not mention cutting the springs, but does tell you how to adjust the ride height since the spring platform seems to be adjustable.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]12483[/ATTACH]
      Yes they are adjustable but that sketch is wrong. The spring seat has the nut welded on the top outer surface and the locknut fits on top of it. You need two spanners to adjust the height. That said you cannot adjust them with the springs in place as the rubber pads that are shaped to accept the cut spring end become dislodged as does the bottom of the spring end, which fits similarly into a shaped recess in the suspension arm. So adjustment of ride height needs a strip down every time! Peter.

Comment

Fortunately the garage kept the old springs for me as they were still serviceable. They measure length 290mm, wire 14mm, 6.5 turns, so no real difference to above dimensions. Are my new springs stronger steel? Curiouser and curiouser said Alice!!! Dave

Comment

Working...
        X