No announcement yet.

DRL152K Marina based roadster rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it coming, I'm really enjoying this thread.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Robin
      1) Will you have enough clearance for the wiring for the ignition switch, push start button and handbrake cable in that location , as surely the prop shaft is running very close to them?

2) I note that the reverse light switch has yet to be installed in the gearbox , have you also sufficient clearance there to fit in situ?

3) In the early 80's I helped build a Westfield SE with a Lotus Twincam. We also used an indicator switch like that. They were used on the early London Black Taxis and also milkfloats and were on a timed release.
      It is a good move as the Marina /Mini stalks don't always self cancel and in bright sunlight it is difficult to see the "tell tale" green dash light flashing.
      At least you have avoided that issue.
      Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 13-03-24, 05:37 PM.

Comment

All comments greatfully recieved
        Ignition switch is quite short. ATM it looks like there is clearance! Handbrake cable is nowhere near...
        I am not bothering with a reversing light. I checked and it's not a legal requirement it seems.
        Cheers Robin

Comment

With regards to the reversing light, I wired mine up and have found it extremely useful for when I reverse into my unlit garage, after a drive. Obviously our requirements /circumstances may be different, but at least something to consider
          Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 15-03-24, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I have just about completed the wiring loom now. All I need is the engine and a few lights to connect up!
            I have confined a lot of the spaggetti to the dashboard.
            dashboard5 by Robin Martin, on Flickr
            The little button (temporarily) mounted on the steering wheel is actually a wireless horn button. The receiver is amongst the stuff on the rear of the dashboard. The plan is to bodge it around so that it sits behind the steering wheel central horn push.
            dashboard4 by Robin Martin, on Flickr
            And a few more pictures of the rest of the wiring waiting to be connected up. All i need is the engine now!
            loom2 by Robin Martin, on Flickr
            I have managed to keep the high current (starter motor) wiring nice and short. (Red)
            Not sure what route I am going to use yet to reach the rear of the car but it is all contained within one cable. (Black)
            loom3 by Robin Martin, on Flickr​

Comment

Working...
            X