Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering column cowl

Hi
    I've got a marina based roadster. the steering column is exposed coming out of the dash. I was after some trim (I believe it's referred to as a cowl) to cover it. I don't know if marlin ever made one, or whether you could use one from another car, or whether there was a completely different solution.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks
    Simon

Re: steering column cowl

It was usual to fit the marina one,although small modification may be required.

Comment

Hi Simon,

I have the square cowl from a mini around mine it requires a little modification but looks pretty good.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

I imagine mini parts are easier to come by than marina parts. I'll check it out.
        Thanks
        Simon

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
          I made one in fibreglass, the side facing the driver is faced in wood to match the dash and the cross section is a freehand aproximation to an elipse. I can probably dig out he mould if anyone wants it.

Comment

SIMON,
            Have you sorted you cowl issue ?. If not I think I have one as I removed mine when I made a new dash and repositioned the steering further to the bulkhead for more arm room,and I used a three position switch on the dash.Do you still have the plastic clamp around the steering colume that holds the indicator stalk and does it have a small hole on the under side for a screw to hold the cowl when fitted ?.

Cheers......Bob

Comment

Working...
            X