Wiper Information please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Information please.

As my current programme of works approach "completion" (...do we ever finish?) and thoughts turn to the next MOT, I will need to replace tje windscreen wipers as the rubbers are perished and becoming detached. I have rarely used the wipers as my car has seen mostly fair weather use,.and obviously none at all for over a year now.. all I know is that the wiper blades are 29cm long. Any thoughts of what to order?
    Thank you

Re: Wiper Information please.

According to a spares list someone gave me a while back you can get the blades from Europa Spares, part no: B12814

Comment

Forgot to mention that you might need to cut them to length

Comment

Try these people

The main thing is how they attach to the arm as there are a few choices. I recently changed my wipers on my Berlinetta. I fitted the same as before, sprung blades. However, I wonder if I should have fitted flat blades because I had to "massage" them to get the middle of the blade to wipe properly.
        I have adjustable arms which are great and mean the actual length of the blade is less critical, because the wiped area can be moved into line of sight.
        Last edited by scott h; 31-07-21, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Unless you want chrome/stainless finish on your wipers, I suggest Halfords. They do every length imaginable, and they come with multiple fittings, all in black. I don't think they do flat blades, but I've never had a problem with sprung blades. More fun is to be had with the arms - I got lots of different ones from the scrap yard and played with lengths and angles for ages, and still ended up shortening them. Incidentally, I don't think chrome/stainless wipers/arms will pass IVA due to reflections. Dave

Comment

I'll second Dave's suggestion. If you know the length then Halfords have a huge range.

Comment

Last time I bought some they were like these:

I paid £9.45 for the pair; they have lasted for years and work well with a flat Cabrio windscreen. Like most blades they came with a range of fitments.

IMHO Halfords have gone to the darkside. They play mind-games to dupe you into maximising their profits. I mourn the loss of a company that I believed were founded to serve customers like me.

Ebay too is getting darker every time I use it. It used to be so easy to find a component I need. Nowadays it only seems to show me what it wants me to see.

I must be getting old!

Paul

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. An acronym only ever used by pompous idiots.

Comment

Working...
              X