Build date of a chassis/body...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build date of a chassis/body...

Is there anywhere a record of builds? Asking as on the DVLA web site my Sportster says;

Vehicle Details
    Vehicle make MARLIN
    Date of first registration May 1999
    Year of manufacture 1999

But I was wondering if the 'kit of parts' was built any earlier, sometime in '98 for example. If this was a factory build I'd imagine the parts were made just a couple of months before the DVLA was told about it. If it was customer built it could have been any time in 97-99 I suppose or earlier.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: Build date of a chassis/body...

The "9902" part of your car's Marlin plate is the "kit manufacture" date, interpret that as you will, however it was for sale in Nov 2000 as a factory built car
    so maybe the factory did build it !

Comment

Re: Build date of a chassis/body...

9902, I would imagine that’s Feb 1999, unless anyone thinks it decodes to something else!
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
      X