Slow progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow progress

Progress on my Sportster has stalled due to my Cabrio getting a partner.

Rear view.jpg Millie Mirror s.jpg

For those who are not familiar with dinghies the Mirror was designed, in 1962, by Jack Holt and TV do-it-yourself expert Barry Bucknell to be built with simple tools and little experience. It gets its name from Daily Mirror who promoted it as an affordable boat.

Paul

Re: Slow progress

Have fun! Liz & Doug

Comment

Had one of those - great wee boat . Then an Enterprise dinghy [did a lot of swimming!] followed by a Miracle, Scorpion and then a brand new Firefly.

Comment

You should add a tow bar, would look great as a pair.
        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          You should add a tow bar, would look great as a pair.
          The thought has occurred but I am in the fortunate position of being able to push it to the sea by hand. Millie has had a towing socket from new. I have never got round to adding the towball. The boat is a project shared with my son in law. It was him that chose it and the yellow was purely a coincidence. The logo was a lockdown project.

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
          Had one of those - great wee boat . Then an Enterprise dinghy [did a lot of swimming!] followed by a Miracle, Scorpion and then a brand new Firefly.
          It is amazing to find the number of people who tell me they learned to sail in Mirror number so-and-so. My son in law learned in one and has since sailed in faster and faster boats. He has been astonished at how much he is enjoying plodding along in this old boat.
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X