Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M52TU Alterantives

1. #11 Re: M52TU Alterantives 
    club member Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_cussen View Post
    I see you are active on MadAboutKit cars. I seem to remember a user called Timbo had similar issues a few years ago.
    Yes I am on Madabout kitcars and the guy yiu mention is the guy who steered me to Ergen Motorpsorts for their solution. Unfortunately that didn’t seem to work.

2. #12 Re: M52TU Alterantives 
    club member Club Member
    Update. The immediate pressure is off. A remapped ECU seems to have sorted the problem. At least the engine was running fine yesterday. This one claims to be a totally standalone solution, You don’t need to have the EWS unit connected at all. Whereas the Ergen one still had the EWS module connected.
    Time will tell be we are up and running again and looking to get an IVA date.
    Thanks for all your suggestions.

3. #13 Re: M52TU Alterantives 
    Moderator Club Member
    Hopefully you have the problem sorted , but in case you need further assistance this may be of interest to you.
    Digital Tuning Solutions ,Unit 7, Rossmore Factories , Rossfield Road , Ellesmere Port CH65 3BS . Tel 01244 710374 - Kyle Smith is the guy to talk to.

The above was recommended by a knowledgeable BMW enthusiast who just happened to be the IVA tester this afternoon.

4. #14 Re: M52TU Alterantives 
    club member Club Member
    As Dogon has mentioned I took the lockdown special for it's IVA retest today and I would be lying if I said I wasn't relieved that it passed. I will try to compose a detailed item for Pitstop in the near future to alleviate some of the trepidation surrounding the IVA test which I found OK. Thanks to Alan for keeping me company on both occasions.

5. #15 Re: M52TU Alterantives 
    club member Club Member
    Congratulations David. Looking forward to seeing it soon. Liz & Doug

6. #16 Re: M52TU Alterantives 
    club member Club Member
    Well done Dave. I look forward to a few words for the magazine and also seeing the car in the flesh sometime in the future.
    Geoff

7. #17 Re: M52TU Alterantives 
    club member Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Hopefully you have the problem sorted , but in case you need further assistance this may be of interest to you.
    Digital Tuning Solutions ,Unit 7, Rossmore Factories , Rossfield Road , Ellesmere Port CH65 3BS . Tel 01244 710374 - Kyle Smith is the guy to talk to.

The above was recommended by a knowledgeable BMW enthusiast who just happened to be the IVA tester this afternoon.
    Digital Tuning Services are the guys I got my new ECU from. Based on progress so far they seem to know what they are doing. They also give you a credit for returning your old ECU as long as it doesn’t have any electronic faults. May be over the top but after all this hassle I am actually about to order a spare from them.