Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    club member Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    142
    Wanted - as in the title.
    One of mine has stripped threads rendering it useless. From all my searching so far they seem to be unique to the Marina.
    They also seem to be made of some hardened stuff so not so easy to get a 1 off made.

    Cheers, Robin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2 Re: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by martinclan56 View Post
    Wanted - as in the title.
    One of mine has stripped threads rendering it useless. From all my searching so far they seem to be unique to the Marina.
    They also seem to be made of some hardened stuff so not so easy to get a 1 off made.

    Cheers, Robin
    Is this any use?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372762572594
    Peter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3 Re: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    Moderator Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,581
    Try Owen Springs
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4 Re: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    club member Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by greyV8pete View Post
    Unfortunately not. The shackle pin is a thingy with a thread at both ends. I'll post a picture tomorrow.
    Cheers Robin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5 Re: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by martinclan56 View Post
    Unfortunately not. The shackle pin is a thingy with a thread at both ends. I'll post a picture tomorrow.
    Cheers Robin
    Something like these then?

    26F14245-4CB5-4A31-AD4D-7362D06D5C2E.jpeg


    https://www.morrisminor.org.uk/parts...&page-size=all


    Austin Healey


    https://www.ahspares.co.uk/austin-he...lowernuts.aspx


    I would start by noting the key measurements of yours (imperial or metric) and the thread type (UNF, BSF, metric etc). Then search for the same dimensions, even if for a different car. If the threads type are different to yours just get the appropriate nuts to fit. As long as the diameters are the same it will do the job! Peter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6 Re: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    club member Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Kelsall Chester
    Posts
    777
    DW car spares in Liverpool may be able to help, 0151 933 9439. They seem to have lots of Marina new & S/H spares. No connection, nice people.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7 Re: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    club member Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by greyV8pete View Post
    Something like these then?

    26F14245-4CB5-4A31-AD4D-7362D06D5C2E.jpeg


    https://www.morrisminor.org.uk/parts...&page-size=all


    Austin Healey


    https://www.ahspares.co.uk/austin-he...lowernuts.aspx


    I would start by noting the key measurements of yours (imperial or metric) and the thread type (UNF, BSF, metric etc). Then search for the same dimensions, even if for a different car. If the threads type are different to yours just get the appropriate nuts to fit. As long as the diameters are the same it will do the job! Peter.

    Yes - that's the sort of thing. I am pretty sure that the moggie one is too short as the leaf spring on a moggie is only 1.5" wide and it's 2" on a Marina.
    As soon as I can get Flickr to behave itself I'll post a picture.

    Cheers, Robin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8 Re: Morris Marina Leaf Spring Shackle Pin 
    club member Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    142
    Here is the Marina shackle pin.

    shackle pin by Robin Martin, on Flickr

    To the left is my first attempt at a substitute using a 3/8 unf bolt and a spacer made from stainless tube. The bolt is a slightly looser fit in the spacer than I would like but it would probably be OK if I can't track down the real thing.

    Cheers, Robin
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •