Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio front suspension bush renewal

Hi all,
    Cabrio question. I will be replacing all the front suspension bushes on my 1990 Ford 2.0 DOHC EFI Cabrio at the end of October. The handling has become a bit soggy.
    I have the correct road spec yellow poly bushes for inner and outer TCAs, anti-roll bar, upper wishbones and the AVO coilover units for both sides of the car.
    I have all the necessary tools as far as I know, including 3 types of ball joint splitters (not the wedge type as these wreck rubber boots). I have a heavy duty ratchet strap for the anti-roll bar.
    Any tips will be most welcome please. Any experiences of snags, pitfalls and so on. I have trawled all the Pitstop articles and looked through the forum but cannot really find a definitive guide specific to the Cabrio suspension.
    Many thanks,
    Phil

Re: Cabrio front suspension bush renewal

Hi Phil,
    I have only replaced the ARB bushes (Both inboard and at the TCA)
    No real issues except needing to squeeze the ends of the ARB to get them through the TCAs. You have a ratchet strap so that should be adequate for the job. Get the ARB through the TCAs first, you can align the inboard bushes using the tried and tested method of sticking a large posidrive screwdriver through the holes.
    Only other thing to note is the big washers on the ARB are dished so fit them back the same way they came off.
    Chris

Comment

Re: Cabrio front suspension bush renewal

Thanks Chris. That’s good advice

Comment

Working...
      X