Flexible Brake Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexible Brake Hoses

It's time to spend more money (again). I need to purchase new flexible brake hoses for my Marina based Roadster.
    What does the forum suggest?
    Is it worth the cost going to the stainless braided sort and if so which make?

Cheers, Robin

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post
    It's time to spend more money (again). I need to purchase new flexible brake hoses for my Marina based Roadster.

Cheers, Robin
    Braided hoses give a firm no give feeling where as the standard flexi ones have a little give. depends on how you like the feel of your brake pedal. Steve.

Comment

Re: Flexible Brake Hoses

I replaced mine with standard hoses , I think I used Landrover Defender hoses as they were more readily available and were slightly longer too but importantly had the same thread.

If you go for Braided hoses, many rust badly where the hose joins the fitting. Apparently the best ones to use are made by HEL , as they use stainless steel fittings that don't corrode. Have a look on ebay.
      Last edited by Ye Ol Ripper; 07-10-21, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by martinclan56 View Post

Cheers, Robin
        One of the best things you can do to any car pre 1980.

Readily available from multiple suppliers.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hel have a part of their website where you can design your own flexi brake pipe. Options include length, colour, shrink wrap on the end to prevent kinks and many others.

My tip would be make sure you have enough length, when I had a set made a couple were neat.

Comment

Working...
          X