Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lovely SWB Roadster with Alfa engine for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely SWB Roadster with Alfa engine for sale.

Logic has prevailed over emotion, and I have decided to sell my Marina based Marlin SWB Roadster. Reg CPY301L it will be known to some members as a beautifully engineered car with a gorgeous Alfa 1962 Twin Cam engine with Ford gearbox. It has pretty much everything, and nothing is bodged. Superb rigid plexiglass sidescreens as well as deflectors and quarter lights. Tonneau, Hood and cover, luggage rack and towbar with electrics. Alloy fuel tank, rose jointed tie rods, uprated lights, uprated brake servo, heater. Correctly registered as a Marlin and recorded as historic vehicle, so zero tax and MOT free. Offered through this forum to MOC members before going 'public' for a sale.
    Attached Files

Re: Lovely SWB Roadster with Alfa engine for sale.

Superb little machine that I had the pleasure of owning . Sadly had to let it go when our present wee hound arrived on the scene and not enough room for three!

Comment

Hi names Barry i live in West Sussex, would be interested in the car, how much are you looking for, i can be contacted on 07802 404656.
      Many Thanks

Comment

HI ; could you tell me where the the Marlin is located .?

Regards Hasse

Comment

Bristol U.K. by the look of it!
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            Bristol U.K. by the look of it!
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Apologies for not getting straight back on to this. Hopefully I have contacted everybody now, and thanks for your queries.
              Yes, I'm based just south of Bristol - how did you guess!!

Comment

Still available!
                If no interest in next few days from club members I will be advertising elsewhere to a wider audience.
                Thanks

Comment

GOOD morning, i would like to know what price you are looking for, i am a club member living in Germany and a Alfa fan
                  looking forward to hearing from you
                  regards Hasse

Comment

@hasse, I've sent you a pm. Thanks

Comment

Car now down in Cornwall with new owner with a recommendation to join the club!

Comment

Working...
                      X