Light Bar - or headlamp mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Bar - or headlamp mounts

Can anybody share with me the best way to mount the headlamps???

Re: Light Bar - or headlamp mounts

This is what is on my latest acquisition:

CIMG1456.JPG

However, I prefer the look of the headlamp on a light bar and have one on "order" to revert to the standard arrangement.

Comment

Thanks for that - are the headlamps supported on the aluminium inner wings or is there some support structure under the wings

With a light bar I would ask the same questions - is it bolted to the inner wings? - or does it bolt to the steel bars that support the wings?

My "kit" has never been built completely and I simply don't have all of the parts so I'm making it up as I go along

Comment

Generally bolted to the inner wings. I positioned mine far enough forward so that the radiator cowl could be removed by rotating it around the bar once the mountings were removed, thus not having to disturb the headlight alignment or the wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by duncan View Post
          ... are the headlamps supported on the aluminium inner wings or is there some support structure under the wings
          There is a bracket under the wing. I'll take photos later and post them here.

Comment

This is the bracket attached to the wing stay using the shock absorber bolt.

CIMG1476.JPG

The headlamp support has a removable panel to access the bolts into the bracket.

CIMG1475.JPG

Comment

IMHO, I liked the light bar on an early Alfa that had a raised centre section for a 'cyclops' light. Sorry, no pics.

Comment

Working...
              X