Oil Cooler not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil Cooler not working

With reference to John Clarkson Auto Services at Westhoughton near Bolton. (Conveniently close to junction 6 of the M61).
    It was a one man/one car bay operation when I visited a couple of years back. His waiting list was so long he was unable to give a date when he might be able to look at the Edelbrock/Weber carburettor on the 3.9 Rover V8 in my Cabrio.
    However he did give friendly and helpful advice explaining that with a performance camshaft the tick-over would not be as smooth with the Edelbrock as it had been with the previous SU’s. My other worry was that the 3.9 was running on the same jets as carried over from the 3.5 litre ‘Copperleaves’ Sportster Mk 1, version No.1! (Though I have since learnt that Rimmer Bros. supply the same set-up as being suitable for both engine capacities).
    In short he has not done any work on my Marlin but it would be the first place I would turn to for tuning expertise.
    I think I’ll search again to see if I have a main fuse - not yet found one in 20 years!
    John

Comment

thank you one and all or your help. I have not yet found the problem with the totally dead electrics as they haves started working again. Nothing i have done so on one level, great. on another, deeply unsatisfactory. Ill get the car back together and take it to John Clarksons and they can tune the engine and trouble shoot a number of glitches, inc poss the oil cooler.......then i can drive it before they ban petrol altogether! Happy New Year.

Jim

Comment

Dear Peterx,
        Oil cooler still cold despite engine still running hot in current weather and cooler. Next time the car is off the road i'll remove the pipes and rad from the cooler and ensure that they are not sludged or otherwise blockced. This seems to be the only other likely cause. I cannot re-locate the rad due to lack of space at the front end. If you still have a pair of J connectors, I'd love to take then off your hands. Fingers crossed you read this new reply to an old thread. Cheers.

Jim ( the Gasman)

Comment

Originally posted by the gasman View Post
          Dear Peterx,
          Oil cooler still cold despite engine still running hot in current weather and cooler. Next time the car is off the road i'll remove the pipes and rad from the cooler and ensure that they are not sludged or otherwise blockced. This seems to be the only other likely cause. I cannot re-locate the rad due to lack of space at the front end. If you still have a pair of J connectors, I'd love to take then off your hands. Fingers crossed you read this new reply to an old thread. Cheers.

Jim ( the Gasman)
          Hi Jim. It was me that has the J-connectors for your oil cooler. Let me have your address by PM and I will try and post them off to you on Monday. Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
            Hi Jim. It was me that has the J-connectors for your oil cooler. Let me have your address by PM and I will try and post them off to you on Monday. Peter.
            Hi Jim. Just bumping this reply to the top of the list in case you have missed it. Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X