Cabrio Dash Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio Dash Wiring

Ahoy ! Am putting together a Cabrio that has stood for a while and I have a dose of corroded terminals that are causing problems in the absence of a sensible wiring diagram.
    Has anyone info. on the white multi plug under the dash with 14 connections which I assume is a Sierra item ? It would make a good starting point if I knew which colour did what.
    At present the dash is scruffy and I will rewire but I have no idea where they lead and together with unlabelled switches and a lack of continuity I see no light at the end of the garage !.
    The Haynes manual is of little use as it assumes the system is complete and the build manual does not appear to have such a diagram ? Help !

Re: Cabrio Dash Wiring

Spent the afternoon meter in hand and think I have cracked it ?
    Black – Tacho
    Purple/White – Water Temp. Sensor
    Blue – Heater - Rheostat
    Black – Headlight Warning Light
    Red – Main feed
    Middle
    Black/Green – Light Switch Top
    Green – Warning Light Dip
    Black/Orange – Fuel Sensor
    Brown – Voltmeter
    Yellow/Green – Tacho
    Bottom
    Grey – Spare
    Brown – Earth
    Black/Yellow – Light Switch Bottom
    Blue – Sidelights
    Black/Red/Yellow – Light Switch Middle

However if anyone does have a proper wiring diagram it would be appreciated?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

We make progress ! Having identified most of the wire terminals I should stand a chance when the dash goes in.
        Major fault identified and prob. the reason the thing would not work. A former owner had fitted an electronic speedo, the original,
        I think was providing the earth return for most of the dash through the drive cable !
        Only two probs. left, I think, I need additional connections for direction indicators and I have two brown connectors in plug. Which one is the real earth ?
        Updated chart of connections:-
        Black – Tacho
        Purple/White – Water Temp. Sensor
        Blue/Red – Heater - Rheostat
        Black/Mauve – Headlight Warning Light
        Red – Main feed
        Middle
        Black/Green – Light Switch Top
        Green(Green/Black) – Dip Warning Light
        Black/Orange – Fuel Sensor
        Brown - Spare ?
        Yellow/Green – Tacho
        Bottom
        Red/Grey – Spare
        Brown – Earth ?
        Black/Yellow – Light Switch Bottom
        Blue – Sidelight Warning Light
        Black/Red/Yellow – Light Switch Middle

Comment

Both browns are earths and I have found two connectors that are in wires the same colour code that emanate from the flasher relay which I assume
          are for the indicator tell tales. Curiously they are uncrimped which together with the 'new' speedometer indicate that the job was interrupted some ten years ago!
          In fact looking at the build folder I see that the car was bought by the last owner from the builder's executors! Not so much a kit more a time capsule?

Comment

Here is a link to the PDF to the wiring diagram for my Cabrio (Sierra based). A previous owner changed to a Ford Zetec 1.8 engine and Omex 600 CPU which were missing when I bought it so not every page will be useful.

Comment

Many thanks Kieran. I am at the stage of putting power through and your diagram will help as the Haynes Sierra manual has some inconsistencies.
              Just had a chat with a mate who was a buyer for Fords at the time. Told the tale of flying to Belfast to pick up Sierra looms to keep the line running.
              Flew back to Stansted and was met by armed police and sniffer dogs as the pilot had not filed a flight plan! little wonder the colour codes vary?
              (He also 'commissioned' a Chinook helicopter to fly in a cargo of steering racks from the Midlands due to snow!)

Comment

Working...
              X