Petrol additive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol additive

Not sure if this has been aired previously in this forum but since the new E10 petrol came in last year I’ve been wondering which way to go. So far I’ve been using the nearest E5 station which is a 20 minute round trip so I am contemplating the E10 plus additive option. My engine is a lead free 1300cc Marina unit. Does anyone have any views about which is the most suitable additive?
    Franklin, Leicester

Re: Petrol additive

Originally posted by FranklinLeicester View Post
    Not sure if this has been aired previously in this forum but since the new E10 petrol came in last year I’ve been wondering which way to go. So far I’ve been using the nearest E5 station which is a 20 minute round trip so I am contemplating the E10 plus additive option. My engine is a lead free 1300cc Marina unit. Does anyone have any views about which is the most suitable additive?
    I use Castrol Valvemaster Plus in my classic. Personally I would prefer the 20 minute round trip in a Marlin!

Comment

A 20 minute drive to save your car seems a fair deal to me.

Comment

If you have a local Esso station, for most of the country, their Synergy Supreme is actually E0, even though the pump is required to show E5.
        Best Wishes
        Bill Williams
        Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs website has an interesting page on this subject. https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/fuels It does seem that E5 is up to 5% and E10 is 5.5% to 10% depending on the supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Williams View Post
            If you have a local Esso station, for most of the country, their Synergy Supreme is actually E0, even though the pump is required to show E5.
            I had the opportunity to talk to Esso about fuel types and availability near me for a large scale motoring event and they confirmed this is the case. I’ve been using it exclusively for a while now and all my starting and running issues have disappeared.
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

That’s very interesting David, I’ve researched the product on line but unfortunately I live in an Esso “cold spot”. I’ll carry on alternating between E5 and E10 plus additive.
              Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Working...
              X