Cabrrio chassis for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrrio chassis for sale

i have a Cabrio chassis that is as new kept in garage all its life and never built also lots of cabrio parts stewart 27

Re: Cabrrio chassis for sale

I’m short of some body parts for my Cabrio build ——part of the problem is not knowing what they are supposed to look like so l would be up for using some as templates temporarily if you don’t want to split them from the kit?

Comment

where do you live and what parts do you need

Comment

I also need some new body parts, but i don't those on offer would work!! ;-D

Comment

Ha ha Tony, I've given up on mine !

Comment

Do you by any chance have the front wishbone mounts? There are four used in the build. I would like any / all of them if possible please.

Comment

This is the item....

Wishbone mounts.jpg

Comment

SWB or LWB?
                2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

i did think they only sold lwb 3.780mm

Comment

sorry non available

Comment

The bit that goes over the windscreen and the sides from the doors to the nose cone and possibly the nose cone as well
                      I live in Davenham Cheshire
                      Cheers Berry

Comment

Hi. I might be interested in the windscreen, if you're considering offering parts separately. Could you please send me some pics and dimensions, so I could see if I could make it fit my Sportster? Many thanks.

Comment

I was always under the impression (and I could very well be wrong) that they were initially sold as SWB first and then LWB was introduced.

If its possible to confirm that the chassis is definitely LWB; (I will check online and my notes, I'm not putting the emphasis on yourself to find out, that'd be rude) then I would definitely be interested in the actual chassis itself.

I do have an LWB Cabrio already but areas of the chassis have definitely seen better days due to rust and poor jacking up of the car. If its a good as you say then that's probably a far better starting point for a resto.

Any chance you could ping some photo's of the chassis to my email address, it'd be much appreciated? Also better I go too far with this, where are you located?
                          Last edited by wiggiesworld; 15-02-22, 01:39 PM.
                          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

Comment

Just going through some notes I've gleaned over the years:

Cabrio FAQs

•Dimensions. The LWB is 4”/10cm longer than the SWB, 2” in the doors and 2” just behind. Visually this shows itself in that the rear door line on the LWB lines up with the end of the running board, whereas there is a 2” difference on the SWB. Useful gain in luggage space in LWB, and tall drivers gain headroom with seat further back and more rake.

· Height 4’0”/1.22m
                            · Length 12’9”/3.88m (LWB) or 12’5”/3.78m (SWB)
                            · Width 5’6”/1.66m
                            · Wheelbase 8’9”/2.67m (LWB) or 8’5”/2.57m (SWB)
                            · Weight 16cwt/850kg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is 3.780 long as quoted earlier in the thread then it is a SWB.

Comment

If this was a kit that Jim Davis was building back in the day and is now located in Evesham I can confirm that it is a SWB chassis. I can also confirm that all parts including the chassis are as new condition. Danny

Comment

Working...
                              X