Chassis plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis plate

Here is a pic of my chassis plate thought I’d post it in case anyone can decipher it or knows any history?. In comparison to the IVA guidance it’s somewhat lacking in information and is welded on the wrong side of the chassis so I was thinking I will need a new plate not sure how I would go about ordering one from MOC and does anyone offer a stamping service
    Attached Files

Re: Chassis plate

Decipherisation :

T4 Cabrio

121 Kit number

JG KR Initials of the people who made the kit at Marlin

97 04 Build date of April 1997

Please email me for more info/history on this car , my details are in Pitstop

Rgds Dave Cunnington MOC Archivist
    Last edited by dcunn; 09-02-22, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I bought a set of alpha/numeric punches and stamped the chassis number on the top of the offside scuttle. It satisfied the IVA examiner at the time (2009), although he thought the IVA rules governing the chassis plate were silly as 'production' cars did not have to comply with the same rules.
      I also got a VIN plate off Ebay and stamped more info on that, however that is not sufficient for the chassis number as the VIN plate can be removed if it is pop-riveted on.

Comment

helpful info thanks Chris

Comment

Will PM You Dave Thanks for info

Comment

Andy your mailbox is full, please empty !

PM sent also

Rgds DC

Comment

To register my last project because the chassis was thin guage steel tube I cut a section out made a new section which I had engraved at a local trophy shop and welded the new section in. The new number was provided by DVLA to meet current IVA rules. Then a VIN plate was stamped to match this and had the required information re weights etc. I kept the original chassis plates in place for reference and only used the new VIN because the DVLA would only accept a 17 digit format. You can use your old VIN as a part of it and prefix or sufix with zero's to make up the correct number of digits. If you visit the DVLA web site re IVA they cover this.

Comment

Working...
              X