Stoneleigh 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneleigh 2022

I can now confirm that the Stoneleigh Kit Car show is going ahead on 1st and 2nd May. Unfortunately, to meet rising costs, kit car drivers will be charged £5 entry and any passengers £15. We hope to be able to hold a long overdue AGM there depending on availability of marquees.

Re: Stoneleigh 2022

The advert doing the rounds says Kit Car drivers get free entry. I am happy to pay £5, but to turn up expecting to get in free and then being charged will upset a lot of people.

Comment

The email I received from Grosvenor states that club sites will still be free but all kit car drivers will be charged £5 entry and passengers £15. Hopefully the advert will be amended soon to avoid the upset and confusion you mention.

Comment

Yes just sent a message to the show organizer and they confirmed a charge for kit car drivers.

Comment

I will be attending the Sunday, bit shocked at the passengers cost, seems they have the British rail financial planners setting up entry costs.

Comment

I bought my tickets online and it cost me £5 for driver and £10 for passenger plus 50p postage.

Comment

Hi, as this'll be my first Stoneleigh. How does it work? Do i just turn up on gate and then get directed to club stand? Do i book tickets through club? Or is there a free for all in car park? Or some other permutation?

Comment

Neal, please see Pitstop for my telephone number and give me a call.
                John Mulvaney

Comment

There seems to be a complete lack of information online. What are the arrangements for camping and where is the club going to be based on the site?
                  Formally DonSayers on here.

Comment

OK, I will answer my own question.
                    The club seem to be on stand 63.
                    A high resolution map where you can read the numbers is here: https://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk..._Site_Plan.pdf
                    Attached Files
                    Formally DonSayers on here.

Comment

We all tend to camp on our pitch, we'll we did last year.

Adrian

Originally posted by boustrophedon View Post
                      OK, I will answer my own question.
                      The club seem to be on stand 63.
                      A high resolution map where you can read the numbers is here: https://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk..._Site_Plan.pdf

Comment

As you say, the club pitch is 63 which is the same as the last two occasions. We will also have a marquee as normal where we can hold a long overdue AGM. Apart from the increased entry cost everything should be about the same as all previous years.

Comment

Just ordered the ticket. I have a few questions as this will be my first..
                          Are you arriving on Saturday or Sunday? If on Saturday - does "Kit Car Adult Driver" ticket is valid for Sun/Mon night only or also for Sat/Sun?
                          I plan to come to UK in advance and will go to Stoneleigh from Blackpool. Will be happy if someone could recommend a nice way or point(s) of interest for this (but please no highway).
                          I would be pleased to join someone on your way and drive together to the show. Could make a few extra miles for that reason...

Best regards
                          Roman

Comment

It is our Peak District meet on the Saturday at Sheldon, Nr Bakewell. Derbys DE45 1QS. We will be meeting there at 12 noon for lunch, then calling at home to collect caravan and proceeding to Stoneleigh to arrive about 5pm at a guess. Welcome to join us for lunch and follow us. We don't use motorway, just A38 and other A roads.
                            Liz & Doug

Comment

Liz, Doug thank you very much.
                              That is a very nice idea. I will get in touch once in UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X