Impatiently awaiting Spring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatiently awaiting Spring.

A few months into Roadster ownership, I have found enough time to check all the important things, remove the ugly roll hoop, most of the gold coloured tat, and overspray covered carpets which came free with the car, and drive it far enough to have confidence in its reliability.

I am happy with its patina / slightly scruffy appearance for now, so the plan is to use it socially, and attend some meetings to pick the brains of others this year whenever the weather is half reasonable, and review things next Winter.

Re: Impatiently awaiting Spring.

Looks good. I actually prefer the slightly patinated look to super shiny; I think it suits a Roadster to seem a bit "lived" in.

As an aside, if I am not mistaken, those are 100+ wheels you have on your car. Should you consider changing them for something different please let me know, on here or by PM, as I am hunting for one but would buy a set if necessary.

Comment

I too like the patina look, it makes them look like older sports cars rather than 'trailer queens'. But that's probably because mine is scruffy! I love the bonnet scoop. What is underneath it?

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Thanks all for the encouraging words.

The bonnet "scoop" is actually a cover for the intake to the twin SUs:

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
            Looks good. I actually prefer the slightly patinated look to super shiny; I think it suits a Roadster to seem a bit "lived" in.

As an aside, if I am not mistaken, those are 100+ wheels you have on your car. Should you consider changing them for something different please let me know, on here or by PM, as I am hunting for one but would buy a set if necessary.

I will probably change them when I find something which catches my eye. I would like something in 15" to raise the gearing a bit as well as for aesthetics; certainly I will let you know if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by etypephil View Post
              ... I would like something in 15" to raise the gearing a bit as well as for aesthetics; ...
              I had 15" minilite style wheels on my previous Roadster.

CIMG1440.JPG

I can confirm these from JBW fit without spacers but you do need to fit hubcentic spigots. https://www.johnbrownwheels.com/prod...9525-5515ML495

Comment

Thanks jon_wilkinson, that looks really good on those wheels; a distinct possibility.

Comment

Working...
                X