Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cabrio hunter wishbone mounting bracket's

Hi all,
    I am having some new WISHBONE/DIFF mounting brackets made up, (See photo), having had a failure in one of mine with a second starting to fracture. so intend to put a new set in. See earlier post "Cabrio Hunter Stress fracture safety warning". The car has done 37000 miles.
    The price per wishbone bracket in 4mm steel is £5+vat. The brackets will have holes for the mounting bolts but we will have to spot weld our own HT bolts in. If any Cabrio/Hunter owners would like a set, I will add them to my order. The price per wishbone bracket in 4mm steel is £5+vat. The brackets will have holes in the correct place for the mounting bolts BUT we will have to spot weld our own HT mounting bolts in. I am also considering ordering shims, so that we can adjust the camber, but only if there is enough interest. There is a minimum order of 20.The price for shims in 2mm stainless is 82p+vat per shim. Let me know if you think shims are a good idea.

The postage cost out to you would be £3.50 per order. giving a total for a set of 4 brackets without bolts + p/p of £27.50 per order.

If you are interested please let me know as soon as, so that I can place our order with the company.
    Regards Mike
    Attached Files

Re: New cabrio hunter wishbone mounting bracket's

Hi Mike. I would like a set of four. I can collect and save postage as you are local. An excuse for a drive too! 😉. Will send you an email. Peter.

Comment

Mike, I am also interested and will send a PM..

Peter, where on the diff do these fit?
      Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Originally posted by kahawi View Post
        Mike, I am also interested and will send a PM..

Peter, where on the diff do these fit?
        I hadn’t realised that the diff brackets were the same as the upper front suspension, but it makes sense to standardise on fabrication and Sierra bushes.
        Photo below shows, in red circle, the location on diff front hangers. Peter.
        6B689A54-74DE-40FA-BC4D-A463A4F1A58D.jpeg

Comment

Hi Peter,
          Yes thats the ones.
          Mike

Comment

Hi All,
            As stated earlier the brackets come "bare" and will need mounting bolts.
            The bolts required to spot weld onto the brackets are:- Metric Set Screw High Tensile Grade 8.8 - M8x20mm thread length.
            I hope this clarifies what the company are offering to manufacture for the Marlin, and what we need to do for ourselves.
            Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Peter ,
              Very neat "DIFF Lift" Very inventive. I swapped a Diff last year and struggled. Great idea.
              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike woodley View Post
                Hi Peter ,
                Very neat "DIFF Lift" Very inventive. I swapped a Diff last year and struggled. Great idea.
                Regards Mike
                Originally built to remove the gearbox from my old Mk2 Cortina! The base is from a twin tub washing machine! Ideal as it has heavy duty ball bearing castors!

Comment

Originally posted by mike woodley View Post
                  Hi All,
                  As stated earlier the brackets come "bare" and will need mounting bolts.
                  The bolts required to spot weld onto the brackets are:- Metric Set Screw High Tensile Grade 8.8 - M8x20mm thread length.
                  I hope this clarifies what the company are offering to manufacture for the Marlin, and what we need to do for ourselves.
                  Regards Mike
                  I always use Namrick for bolts and nuts. They also stock the fine series metric bolts and nyloc nuts, used on suspension ball joints etc.
                  This is a link:-

https://www.namrick.co.uk

Comment

Hi All,
                    Have ordered the brackets, should be with me by 25th March.
                    Will contact all those who have ordered when I have them.
                    Regards Mike.

Comment

Thanks Mike. Did you order the shims as well?

Comment

Hi Phil,
                        Shims as well as brackets ordered.
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X