Lovely Roadster up for auction on Car and Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Roadster up for auction on Car and Classic

It will be interesting to see what this makes: https://www.carandclassic.com/auctio...oadster-nM7wW8

Re: Lovely Roadster up for auction on Car and Classic

Saw that, looks lovely.
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

That's a good looking car. Only change I would do would be to put some carpet over the checker plate, it's a personal thing, can't stand the stuff always looks cheap and nasty IMO

Plus not so sure about drilling holes in windscreen frame/rollover bar to mount mirrors, I would expect that would have an impact on its functional ability if it was ever needed.
      Last edited by wiggiesworld; 22-03-22, 07:21 PM.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
        not so sure about drilling holes in windscreen frame/rollover bar to mount mirrors, I would expect that would have an impact on its functional ability if it was ever needed.
        My previous roadster had the same... only 8mm holes and lot of metal down at that point.

Comment

Mirrors/stalks was an accessory offered by YKC, I fitted them to my first Roadster.

Comment

On the 18th March a tidy red cycle wing roadster with an 1800 B series engine and conversion with type 9 gearbox at Mathewsons Auction made a sad £3000 and sold. The owner would have done much better putting an add on here or on the face book site. sad to see

Comment

Someone got a bargain there, Danny. Sad, as you say. Hope this one does better!

Comment

With this Triumph one being Historic (tax exempt) it is almost certain to go out of UK.

Comment

Presently at £4000 , with 2 bidders and 4 days to go

Comment

Sold for £5,200

Comment

Good price for a Roadster!

Comment

Originally posted by A_Hogg View Post
                        Good price for a Roadster!
                        I think it reflects a number of things: we're more used to seeing cars that need work up for sale, at least on eBay, FB etc.; older Marlins disappearing to Europe; and, I hope, our cars are starting to be more appreciated as classics in their own right.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
                            I think it reflects a number of things: we're more used to seeing cars that need work up for sale, at least on eBay, FB etc.; older Marlins disappearing to Europe; and, I hope, our cars are starting to be more appreciated as classics in their own right.
                            Plus 1
                            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                            X