Re: Berlinetta Tyres

215 65 15 on the back 195 65 15 on the front,my berli drives great

Comment

thanks, thats a thought i hadnt considered that
      4th Marlin owner

Comment

Some years ago, a former member or our illustrious club write an extended article in Pitstop on the relative merits of tyre sizes, whilst highlighting the enormous changes in handling and road holding characteristics between wet and dry conditions. The conclusion was that with 205 tyres dry grip was OK, but wet grip much less so...the contrast between the two was simply, in his view, too great. Reverting to the 185 tyres changed the handling and road holding characteristics in the dry hardly at all, but in the wet they were much improved...in effect, the car handled and gripped in both wet and dry conditions more or less the same. In my Berli, when I renewed the tyres, I, too, reverted to 185 tyres and found a significant fuel economy benefit as well.

Comment

thats interesting bill, thanks
          one of my berlis has 205/70 tyres and the other has 185 tyres , i think the 185 tyres looks better on the car as well, but you cant buy 185 tyres any more they have to be 185/65 or something like that.
          but very interesting .. thanks
          4th Marlin owner

Comment

Just had a look on this site for Berli Tech Tips but could not find them, I know that the above
            mentioned articles from Pitstop are included therein.

I'm currently away, but on return (17th May) I will look further into it and get them reinstated

DC
            Last edited by dcunn; 08-05-22, 07:20 AM.

Comment

thanks..
              4th Marlin owner

Comment

So I found a few minutes before I went away ! They are uploaded in the Members section for Tech Tips, also an index in Berlinetta documents .

Hope they are useful

Rgds DC

Comment

thanks
                  4th Marlin owner

Comment

Working...
                  X